The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 06-10-2023, 06:12 AM

Default Extreme's New Album - Six

Longtime fan of Extreme here. They just dropped their new record yesterday called Six.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2aC2YH2ZxdTGgni85OcNu5

I've listened to it a couple times already and am very impressed.

Many (most?) bands after 30+ years just don't seem to write great songs anymore, but these guys seem to be at the top of their craft.

Nuno's guitar playing is almost unbelievable. The solo on "Rise" is a good example. He's not only still great, but he is still growing as a player.

Gary Cherone is singing as great as he ever has too. But more than that, the songs are just very, very good.

This is going to be my summertime album for this year I can already tell.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Another huge Extreme fan here. We've seen them dozens of times over the years. I was thrilled to hear they had a new album dropping for the first time in 15 years. The first song released - Rise - is fantastic. Haven't listened to the whole album yet but probably today. Already have tickets to see them in August. Should be a great show. Always is.

Agree about Nuno's guitar playing - the solo on Rise is sick!

Old 06-10-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Another huge Extreme fan here. We've seen them dozens of times over the years. I was thrilled to hear they had a new album dropping for the first time in 15 years. The first song released - Rise - is fantastic. Haven't listened to the whole album yet but probably today. Already have tickets to see them in August. Should be a great show. Always is.

Agree about Nuno's guitar playing - the solo on Rise is sick!

There are some really great acoustic-based songs on this record (this IS the acoustic guitar forum). "Small Town Beautiful" stands out to me.

Side note:
Their III SIDES album has long been a favorite of mine. It holds up on all levels: songwriting, production style and sound, musicianship, etc. Just yesterday I was out and about with two of my kids and we were rocking III SIDES in the minivan. My 14-year-old daughter cranked the volume up on Am I Ever Going To Change. Proud dad moment there!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN