The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-30-2023, 10:34 AM

Default Complete EV Portable System/EV 30/Everse 8/Sub ELX200

I was considering the EV50 but after picking it up at Guitar Center the bass unit is noticeably heavier than the EV30. EV30 35 pounds/EV50 45 pounds Plus the column of the 50 is 4 Lbs heavier. When I need more volume/reach I add the Everse 8 which also makes a great monitor, and doesn't need another AC outlet since it is battery operated.. When I need more bass, especially for outside gigs, I bring the EV ELX200-12SP Subwoofer. At 42Lbs still lighter than 50 base. All run off the single EV App which is the best out there! Check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl06...exible,Modular Portable System!
Old 12-30-2023, 11:12 AM

That's great. I'm glad you're happy with the setup. I recently started playing into an EV50 system weekly. I'm very impressed with the quality and sound of these speaker systems. The line array systems take up a lot less room when you can put them in a corner.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
That's great. I'm glad you're happy with the setup. I recently started playing into an EV50 system weekly. I'm very impressed with the quality and sound of these speaker systems. The line array systems take up a lot less room when you can put them in a corner.
Nobody puts baby in a corner...
Old 12-30-2023, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

The 30m's stick is also much easier to move because it breaks down into three pieces--carying that in the backpack is child's play compared to the one long support stick + larger driver array of the 50/50m.

That being said, though I'm very happy with my 30m, if I lived on the ground floor in my garden apartment walkup I'd probably have gotten the 50m by now. It does seem just a touch fuller, aside from the available volume and throw. My main local hangout has two 50s as a house system and for that venue you can't beat it.

But I get complimented on my 30m all the time.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Nobody puts baby in a corner...

Ha! I enjoyed that one.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification