The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-30-2023, 06:34 AM

Default Guitar Music Sheet Forever Young by Audra Mae

Does anyone know where I can purchase the guitar finger picking music sheet for "Forever Young" by Audra Mae? Great sounding guitar song.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:34 PM

There's tab for the lead intro here (which I guess you've found):
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...chords-1141213
The rest sounds pretty straightforward to me, but there are two guitars and a banjo. I.e., one guitar playing standard alternating bass patterns (nothing special) while the second guitar and/or banjo add little pentatonic fills (like the intro).

I'd be surprised if sheet music has been published for it (I mean this arrangement rather than the Dylan original!), but it's possible someone with musescore might have transcribed and uploaded it somewhere.

It sounds a little like the fingerpicked part was played in G with capo on 2, but the low E bass notes rule that out - unless one guitar was in A with no capo and the other with capo on 2.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

We play this song but in the key of G. We will frequently perform a version of hers (where she's singing acapella) from the show 'Sons Of Anarchy' when one of the wives is accidentally killed. I'll give my wife (singer) a starting G note and she'll sing the whole first verse alone then I'll come in at the end with the guitar (played fingerstyle). We do the second verse with guitar and just her on vocals and then the third verse we do guitar then vocals with her singing the main line and me singing harmony. It's very striking. We like performing it that way at loud open mics as the place goes dead quiet when she starts to sing. It's that old adage that if you yell, no one listens but if you whisper, everyone quiets down to hear. Pretty cool.
Old 07-01-2023, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the input.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write