The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-25-2024, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Default My show rig, show yours…

I keep it small, sweet and to the point. Probably because it’s all I can handle. I run the DI from the Loudbox out to a AH ZED10FX then to an EV Evolve 50.
I use the LB as my stage monitor. The Fly Rig is nice as I get a little compression, reverb and a boost for solos.

Let see some others!IMG_1711381405.378115.jpg
Old 03-25-2024, 09:50 AM

From a gig last August or September maybe?

Photo taken mere moments after I had sound checked this stuff.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Two mics and one guitar directly into an EV30M, one mic stand, Samsung tablet on its own stand.

Old 03-25-2024, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Current setup is Sennheiser e935 straight into the 30m. Guitar, via wireless jacks, goes into a Tonedexter and a Baggs chorus pedal for occasional variety then into 30m. I keep wanting to add a Ditto looper exactly like Medford's that I haven't mastered, and will eventually return to adding a harmonizer.

The pedalboard is a battery powered Nomad, which comfortably gets me through a three-hour gig under its current light load.

Attached to my mic stand is a tablet with Songbook Pro for occasional reference and setlist order, and a dedicated smartphone to run the Quicksmart app and break music.

Behind me on the floor is an Anker 555 power station powering the 30m. Way too much (it's heavy) for what I need on a three-hour gig; I later picked up an Anker 535 which I'll test in a few weeks. Should be more than enough.

Just past my right foot is one of four battery-powered uplights I bought which really help with the vibe, makes it feel like more of an event (most spaces I play don't have their own lighting). Very expensive, but as you can see I love not having to wrestle with cords of any kind. I always have backup cords. That includes a 1/4-inch in case my wireless jacks go nuts (never have), and power cords, including a 50-footer that I used about 45 feet of at my farmers market until recently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me at rebellion 2.jpg (62.1 KB, 449 views)

Last edited by Chriscom; 03-25-2024 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:12 AM

The 30M (and a phone) is kind of a rig by itself!
Old 03-25-2024, 12:29 PM

I've posted this a bunch in the past, but it's been very useful so it's still the same today. Based on the Cube EX mounted on a mini-tripod stand. It can be used with AA batteries for use when there's no A.C. but normally I plug in.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

I would say that I play live a lot of the time without any pa system at all. This is usually doing solo spots during our Welsh MVC concerts each month. So I would be playing/singing to audiences of 70+ folks in hotel function rooms, village halls or churches. It is great to turn up and play with just your guitar - nothing else!

Where I need some "lift" such as small bars, pubs ect I use my Rode NT1a ldc mic', plugged into whatever pa the venue has. I have just ordered a new cheap mic' - Lewitt LCT 240 pro with cradle and wind shield - and a very compact mixer - Sub Zero SZMix04. I have a couple of powered speakers, so I'm going to see what I can do with that simple set-up (mic - mixer - powered speakers) as a complete system for gigs where I need to provide the pa. I sometimes play/sing with a friend as a duo, and running just one stage mic' to cover instruments and vocals for us both is a great set-up for that type of performance. It looks good on stage and really makes the most of being an acoustic "duo" - plus it make singing close harmonies together much easier than using two mic's.

I'll be interested to see how the Lewitt LCT 240 Pro performs. I contacted the company in Vienna, Austria a couple of months ago to ask about bluegrass single mic'ing a stage, and they suggested their cheapest mic' as being a good option! It does seem to have a good cardioid pattern at all frequencies, so I'm expecting to just have to roll a little off the top to get a high level of gain before feedback from it.

I have been trying to find a Behringer FBQ800 compact e/q to help ring out any room but they are not available new at present. I have the Ultragraph Pro, so that will do the job but it is quite big and stereo (which I don't need). For single mic' stages you can sometimes run a slightly higher volume in some rooms by using a 15 band e/q to ring the room rather than the two or 3 bands on a compact mixer. I have a Behringer FEX800 so I can chain that in if I find the single mic' is a little dry in a room.

I think that the Lewitt LCT 240 Pro into a small acoustic amp (set forward of the mic' line) could be a really nice set-up for those "coffee house" gigs. For some acoustic amps you may need a compact mixer (like the Sub Zero) to provide 48v phantom power. Anyway, I'll know after I have tested it.

The other rig that I use is two dynamic mic's - one up one down. 58 for voice and 57 for guitar. If I need a little more headroom for say a Friday night pub then this is what I will go for. I always seem to get plenty of push from mic'ing my guitars. I know that it is not popular here on AGF - but I wonder if that is simply lack of familiarity with using a mic'? As I have said before, I think that the way you use a vocal mic' determines how well you can balance a mic'd guitar. It's not rocket science, but it is science. Sound falls away by the square. You can't be on top of the vocal mic' and get a guitar to mic' well. But if you are 8" off the vocal mic' then using a mic' for guitar becomes really easy.

I don't have a rig for plugging in my guitars.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Last edited by Robin, Wales; 03-25-2024 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Sennheiser e935 straight into Channel one and Cole Clark straight into channel two of my Evolve 50m (3 cables total). Sometimes I use the short pole if I'm sitting, or depending on the venue/space.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Sennheiser e945 mic
MIJ Takamine P3NC
Loudbox Performer

DONE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3951.jpg (67.9 KB, 392 views)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Sennheiser e945 mic
MIJ Takamine P3NC
Loudbox Performer

DONE!!
Nice Noledog! Very smart of you to travel light on the sand. I had a few gigs on the beach with a full PA and man is it a drag to lug that stuff in the sand!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-26-2024, 09:11 AM

K&K equipped acoustic guitar > effects pedals (pic below) > Fishman Performer amp.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:18 AM

What it sounds like: https://youtu.be/dJi_lT4_uRs?feature=shared

Henriksen Bud10, small pedal board. Video/audio is a Zoom Q2n about 10' in front of me.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez

Last edited by nostatic; 03-27-2024 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

I don't have a photo of it set up

But For mic/s I use an AKG Emoition C900 and for guitar I use a Shure KSM 105 or I go DI from guitar pickup

Here is my front end I have a Monster 2500 power conditioner then I use a Manley DVC = Dual Vocal Combo which is a Pre Amp and EQ and Limiter style compressor and also TC Electronics T 3000 stereo Reverb/FX .
All in an SKB 6 space rolling rack. Which feeds a Fishman SA 200 tower speaker

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-26-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medford Guitar View Post
I keep it small, sweet and to the point. Probably because it’s all I can handle. I run the DI from the Loudbox out to a AH ZED10FX then to an EV Evolve 50.
I use the LB as my stage monitor. The Fly Rig is nice as I get a little compression, reverb and a boost for solos.

Let see some others!Attachment 105892
That orange thing would defeat me, and the looper would compound the fracture. When Fire-Eye built the Red-Eye, they had players like me in mind.

I don't have pictures of mine.

Last edited by Charlie Bernstein; 03-26-2024 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Here is one of my kits that I use quite a bit. Loudbox Artist mic and guitar and the only thing in the middle is a tuner. This venue has a house PA so I DI out of the artist into the PA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gig 2.jpg (53.4 KB, 345 views)
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification