The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2024, 12:45 AM

Default 3/4 NGD

It's like 3/4 new, 3/4 scale, and I'm 3/4 excited about it, haha. It's a Taylor GS Mini-e. Spruce top, I'm not sure what the back and sides are since it wasn't new.

I'm editing this post. I was a little disappointed because it really rung out in the shop, but sounded boxy and boomy when I got it home. Changing strings helped only a little at first, but after leaving it for awhile it seems to be opening up. It's used (though looks brand new) so I wasn't expecting that to happen.

I got it because I'm flying out for surgery, will be off my feet stuck in a hotel for a week, and didn't want to bring my Koa on the plane. It's not a guitar I'd fall in love with - when I see it on the stand I don't feel compelled to play it - but for what it is and it's intended purpose, it's pretty darn good! I liked the mahogany better, but I play outside with other warm guitars and ukuleles so the spruce was a choice. And I like that it doesn't get in the way of wanting to play my Koa

Nothing plays like a Taylor.

Last edited by Joe Garfield; 03-22-2024 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:02 AM

Apparently it’s the rosewood model, so I got a better deal than I realized. . It’s not very dark so I wasn’t sure. Pretty cool!

It has the pre-2022 Es-B electronics. The tuner isn’t great but it sounds nice plugged in.

Last edited by Joe Garfield; 03-22-2024 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

The GS Mini is a great camping/travel guitar. I have an all-mahogany model, and take it with me when we rent a house at the beach. Otherwise like you said, i'm not compelled to play it. But it's got a pretty good sound for what it is.

Enjoy!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 03-23-2024, 02:51 AM

With 12s it seems like a nice quiet bedroom guitar.

Last edited by Joe Garfield; 03-23-2024 at 03:18 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion