The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Default Elite Acoustics StompMix X6 Pedal/Mixer Brief Review

I have gigged with this 17 times now and wanted to give a brief simple review. In short, I think its a fantastic mixer with many very useful features. If you, like me, want to get rid of several pedals, the StompMix X6 has four band eq, compression, notch, delay, reverb, chorus, and more and all can be assigned to any of the six channels. You can use one or all of the effects on any of the channels independently.
There is also a nice gain knob for each channel on the back of the unit. There are ten designable presets (or scenes as they call them). So you can have ten separate combinations of tone, eq, volume assigned up to eight separate presets. Those can be toggled through with the foot switches on the unit. There is also a much needed mute footswitch which I always need.
Besides four guitar inputs there are two mic input XLR's with 48v. phantom power.
In using the unit, it is absolutely silent when turned on or between songs. It handles other foot pedals very well and has bluetooth available too. As a small footprint mixer with a ton of possibities, I find myself more and more happy with this gear. I have done away with my separate pedals now and love to simply set this up which takes two minutes and off I go. I am running it into my twin Bose S1's and I have never found better tone and shaping. I highly recommend you take a look at the Elite Acoustics StompMix X6. I have no affiliation with EAE nor was given any incentive to write this review. Hope it helps those who are searching for a small mixer with effects, etc. For more info or to purchase this you are best to contact Elite Acoustics Engineering, EAE, directly. They shipped my unit out the day after I ordered it and it was well packaged.

This is also battery only if needed or it can be plugged in to charge or use with available power from the wall.

There is no case or bag for this yet but acc. to EAE its in the works.

Last edited by hotroad; 12-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Congrats and welcome to the S1X6 club!!

I could have written this review. If fact, I think I did! I've had mine since last March, I think and have gigged with nothing but that and one or two Bose S1's since then. I've never had an issue. I sold off all my other pedals and mixers which more than paid for the price of the X6.

Aren't there 10 scene's to edit? Pretty sure mine has 10! Yep - just confirmed from my review - 10 scene's!

NMD: Elite Acoustics StompMix X6 Six Channel Digital Mixer - post live gig update!
Old 12-17-2019, 09:31 PM

Yes, correction made. As Methos just shared in his post, there are ten scenes or programmable presets using any or all of the many effects including volume. This enables a user to have up to ten set ups for different instruments or for different eq and/or effects for parts of a song or from song to song. This is awesome. There really is not much need for more than ten combinations of tone shaping needed by myself. Perhaps if using several instruments I could see needing more but I only use one Carvin SH575 with piezo. The various scenes are accessed live by using the two left foot switches which toggle the scenes up and down.

Thanks to Methos there is a much more thorough review of this great piece of gear. His includes very good photos of the unit as well. And by the way, the unit is housed in a sturdy metal, not plastic, housing and the three foot switches feel solid and up for some good use.

Last edited by hotroad; 12-17-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

I initially thought that having 'only' 10 scenes available for storage seemed to be... under-powered! But as I noted in my review, I found it to be more than enough. As I looked back on my past experiences with other programmable guitar pedals, I would tend to just keep adding and tweaking new programs and abandoning those previous.

So I would end up with 30, 40, 50 programs but in reality I never used anything but the current two or three. That's what I'm using with the X6 - three. A regular one with a touch of reverb, one with chorus which is used only rarely on a few songs in our set list and one with heavy delay and reverb which I never use live anyway. So 10 is more than enough!

I have found the X6 to be the PERFECT companion to the Bose S1 especially if like me you're looking for a relatively small yet powerful mixer that is intuitive to program AND can run on battery power. These two units were made for each other.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:16 AM

I have the d68 by EAE.
Great little amp. It has the same mixer
Attached sans foot switches. I use 3 scans as well. I use this in conjunction
With the helix stomp. And can add all
The switchable effects for my guitar
And mandolin that I need. Leaving the
Eae effects for vocals.really a great
Piece of gear..
Old 01-27-2024, 07:41 PM

Just want to be sure. Is it possible to plug 4 guitars into the EAE SM6. I see space for two instrument. The rest are for line. Please help me understand. TIA.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification