The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-11-2024, 01:11 PM

Default Yamaha DBR10 $320! Best Bargain PA Available

This is a great full range sounding speaker. Plenty of power and Yamaha 7 year warranty. At $320, might be the best bargain out there! I listened to QSC CP series, EV ZLX, and Yamaha DBR12 and 10. I chose the DBR10 for its size and clear, detailed sound with good bass extension. For the first gig last night, I set it up about 3 feet above stage, switched DSP to FOH and added some EQ (more low and less high) on the Nord piano. Piano and B3 sounded fantastic through the DBR10 and it had more than enough power for a medium sized restaurant. Best of all, it was a breeze to transport at only 23lbs and half the size of my keyboard amp.
I highly recommend the DBR for gigging keyboardists. Of course excellent for guitar and vocals.https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...owered-speaker
Old 04-11-2024, 01:51 PM

I've got (2) I fly over DXS12MKII and they're amazing! It's a great price. I just picked up a DBR12. Gonna use it this summer in place of a 10 by itself. Glad you're liking the DBR10!!
Old 05-20-2024, 08:22 PM

The DBR12 worked great! Seems like better bass response than the 10. I'm flying it about 6 1/2" off the playing surface beside and behind me. I have to roll the bass off my Samson CL5 vocal mic (Neumann KMS105 clone). My FGX730SCA guitar sounded amazing through it.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Before I had my present array design PA equipment, I used a DBR10. I agree, they are indeed excellent PA speakers. I used it for open mic and instrumental gigs. The only thing I missed was reverb effects. That said, a good inexpensive mixer with effects provides the few things needed and adds even more functionality.

The speaker is definitely worth checking out.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:17 AM
Charter Member

I grabbed one from Sweetwater. Great sounding speaker
Old 05-29-2024, 07:39 AM

Default DBR10s good, yes very good.

We use 2-3 DBR10s as monitors or mains along with 1-2 Fishman SA330x towers depending on situation. Added the DBRs 4-5 years ago and they've worked flawlessly, sound great and best of all didn't break the bank. We thought of others costing twice as much or more, but the differences just didn't justify the additional costs for what we do.
Old 05-30-2024, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
The DBR12 worked great! Seems like better bass response than the 10. I'm flying it about 6 1/2" off the playing surface beside and behind me. I have to roll the bass off my Samson CL5 vocal mic (Neumann KMS105 clone). My FGX730SCA guitar sounded amazing through it.
Hi YG…
Six and a half inches doesn't sound like flying to me…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-30-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi YG…
Six and a half inches doesn't sound like flying to me…

Ha! I should've noticed that...supposed to be six and a half feet. Lol.
Old 05-30-2024, 01:14 PM

I’ve had dxr12s and dxr8s for a couple of years and love them, either on their own or over my EV elx200-sp baby subs. I’ve recently supplemented these with a pair of dzr10s which are amazing.

Coincidentally, I was setting up for a gig (not me) last night and we had a choice between dbr12s and EV elx200 12” tops for monitors. I wanted the EVs but was out-voted.

The Yamahas sounded much better than I had anticipated, clear with tons of clean headroom. They responded very well to EQ (Soundcraft Expression 2) and the band (fiddle, banjo, accordion, guitars, vocals) were delighted with the outcome.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification