The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-16-2024, 09:44 PM

Suggestion for the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I was thinking that we could try celebrating people KEEPING/PLAYING their acoustic guitars rather than only celebrating new guitar purchases.

Maybe we could have GAD (Guitar Anniversary Day)?
Dave,

For me, every day is already a guitar anniversary day. Here's why.

I list most of my guitars in my "Heard" section. About half were bought new and the rest used. While I play favorites, I also play in a haphazard rotation, as in, gee I haven't played this one lately, and then play it, often for multiple days. Mostly just to reaffirm why I got it in the first place.

As I favor large all-solid-wood instruments, they can sound kind of wonky and muffled in times of high humidity, so I keep some laminate body guitars around for those times. They are less affected by humidity and can hold their sound better than most large solid body instruments. As they are really duplicates, they don't show up in the "Heard", mostly because I am out of listing room. These include a Guild F-2512 12 string, an EJ-200, and a Sigma SG-200. All of these are Jumboes.

I fingerpick all my guitars using my nails as picks.

In my "Heard", the first four and the last one I bought 'new', and the the rest I got used as I remember it.

So either way, I celebrate my "Heard" most every day.

Been playing since the 60's and had some fun with older acoustics, including a 12 string back in the day, but went 100% acoustic (and 0% dread) by the end of the 80's. Still have an old flame cherry sunburst Les Paul standard and a Fender tube amp. Just because.

Be well and play well,

Don
06 Alvarez AJ60S englmn/mpl lam med Jmbo
14 Taylor 818e sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10 all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor all walnut Jmbo
16 Taylor 412e-R sitka/rw GC
16 Taylor 458e-R s/rw 12 string GO
21 Epiphone IBG J-200 sitka/maple Jmbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jmbo

Last edited by donlyn; 05-16-2024 at 10:17 PM. Reason: proof-reading
Old 05-27-2024, 12:46 PM

Oops, nevermind.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion