The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-08-2024, 02:04 AM
Charter Member

Default Wireless from mixer to powered speaker?

Could you run a wireless dongle type system (Lekato 5.8hz or similar) from a compact mixer such as the StompMix to a powered speaker? Do the wireless systems cope with the line level output from a mixer? What are the pros and cons. Which output would you choose (left or right or phones etc)?

I'm just thinking about mic'ing at gigs. Either two dynamics or single ldc. I use both styles at different gigs. The mic(s) going to the StompMix (powered by a USB powerpack) at the foot of the mic stand. The powered speaker(s) positioned forward.

At some small venues, not running cables from the stage area to the speaker would make the set-up easier and safer.

BTW - EAE are possibly about to announce something around power packs and the StompMix 4. Not sure what, but they have told me that a product anouncement is coming this month.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Default Wireless to speaker

Yep, I do it all the time. I use both the Lekato and the NUX. Sometimes you might run into a line of sight issue. I use a short mic cable and just let the receiver hang down so it can be "seen" by the transmitter.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

Thanks - that's good to know. I'll give it a try.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:55 AM

Have you considered a snake that has your IEC and XLR cable together? That makes less of a mess of wiring.
https://www.stagespot.com/adj-xlr-ac-combo-cables.html
Old 05-13-2024, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Yes, I've done this as well from the line out of our SA 330x behind us on stage to a remote powered speaker halfway out in a narrow long space in which we occasionally perform. Works fine and no customers tripping on a cable.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew3 View Post
Yes, I've done this as well from the line out of our SA 330x behind us on stage to a remote powered speaker halfway out in a narrow long space in which we occasionally perform. Works fine and no customers tripping on a cable.
Thanks. It's the safety issue of not having cable runs in some venues that's attractive.

Old 05-13-2024, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
Thanks. It's the safety issue of not having cable runs in some venues that's attractive.
Indeed! I spent way too much time in my formative years crawling on barroom floors taping down cable runs!
Old 05-13-2024, 01:28 PM

I’ve used my Xvive IEM to go from an aux out to the jack input on my Bose s1 pro. It worked great but is designed to take such a signal compared to instrument level on a guitar-focused system.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew3 View Post
Indeed! I spent way too much time in my formative years crawling on barroom floors taping down cable runs!
I don't know about formative years; I'll be down on my hands and knees taping down a cable run tomorrow night!

Old 05-14-2024, 12:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflebeat View Post
I’ve used my Xvive IEM to go from an aux out to the jack input on my Bose s1 pro. It worked great but is designed to take such a signal compared to instrument level on a guitar-focused system.
That looks good. I could run two receivers, one for each speaker if I was using my full system. I like that it has a line signal selector.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification