The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-06-2024, 09:01 PM

Default Return of the Dynafield pickup

Pretty excited to have come across a Facebook post from Wendler Music announcing that he will be reviving the Dynafield pickup. For those who are unfamiliar, this video will give you a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1beK9gfMc

Getting rather close to the whole 'My guitar, only louder' that a lot of folks strive for.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Last edited by wood nacho; 04-06-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

It's been years, but yes, I'm currently making a redesign of the Dynafield. The original had a pretty significant bump in the low frequency response and needed a good preamp to boost the signal. This new design has changed all of that with flatter repsonse and a MUCH increased signal output. That demo video is from Australia's Jeff Lang....who has been very kind in promoting the original Dynafield designs down under. He also has a vid of a Weissenborn style guitar on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaSYKzQVY64 He explains his setup on this vid...but the new design can do away with much of the preamplification on the new design.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Nice to hear this Dave W!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 05-07-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave251 View Post
It's been years, but yes, I'm currently making a redesign of the Dynafield. The original had a pretty significant bump in the low frequency response and needed a good preamp to boost the signal. This new design has changed all of that with flatter repsonse and a MUCH increased signal output. That demo video is from Australia's Jeff Lang....who has been very kind in promoting the original Dynafield designs down under. He also has a vid of a Weissenborn style guitar on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaSYKzQVY64 He explains his setup on this vid...but the new design can do away with much of the preamplification on the new design.

Great sounding pickup, when will it be available for purchase?

Jeff Lang followed my duet "The Legendary Porch Pounders" at SXSW in Austin in 2005. He was great!
Old 05-07-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Great to hear about this! May I know what would be the price, and when would it be available to the public?
Old 05-08-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
It’s great to see you back on the AGF, Dave. I hope the redesigned Dynafield pickup will be a big success for you.

After all these years, I can still say that a Wendler electroCoustic was the best playing guitar that I’ve ever owned.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

Shipping the first batch of the new Dynafields to Australia this week. Next batch of six going out next week. I'm going to try to keep them in stock, and am currently building inventory. US price is $200, delivered, and will include a TRS/XLR cable. You will also need a good light and mirror, along with a 1/2" wrench.

I will say upfront this pickup is NOT for use in a highly amplified situation...that is, amped kick drum or electric bass....essentially, you can expect about a 6dB higher gain over any mic setup, either external or interior. BUT, you can expect the essential sound/response of YOUR guitar to come through. NO piezo quack or BS, no soundhole mag "electric" tonality.

These units can be used hi-z if you want. Just plug straight into your amp. Please ask your questions and I'll answer ASAP.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification