The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-03-2024, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Default Genzler Acoustic Array Pro

Anyone have experience with the Genzler AAP? Seems like a nifty design. Pros/Cons?
Old 05-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

I recently picked one up from Barnett Music in Tulsa. They're a really good solution for me. I play a lot of senior center gigs with a few pubs sprinkled in the mix.

The sound is really good once you get it dialed in. There was a bit of a learning curve (for me, anyway) as I was used to using a mixer and powered speaker.

For my pub stuff I do add another speaker, an RCF 710 Mk5. and it sounds huge. I find I like the sound best when I put it on a speaker stand.

JStotes
Old 05-03-2024, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

I got a used one a friend was selling. Fabulous amp ! ! ! I like it so much I bought the extension speaker cabinet from Genzler. It’s a spectacular amp. I probably need to get a mixer for more inputs. I used it at a trio gig and we used a friend’s mixer. But the sound is terrific.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:27 AM

I owned the mini for a while until I decided I needed more channels. They are excellent sounding amps with great control features The small array in front of the woofer gives you the added benefit of pushing some sound to the back of the room. I can't think of any negatives with this 2 channel product.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

You can plug in both 1/4" and XLR into each channel. Plus you can use the Aux-in on the back for a 5th input. But you'll need to balance volumes ahead of the amplifier to make that all work. For my gig we did a separate mixer in front of the Genzler and ran the mixer into one channel.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:04 AM

I've got one and I love it. Effects are so-so, but there are pedals for that. It takes a bit of time to dial in the EQ section, but it's well worth it. I use 2 guitars, each EQ'd differently (one tuned down half step), into the XLR inputs from a RedEye preamp. I've never tried singing through it though, so I can't report on that.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:56 AM

I owned one for quite a while. They are very pro units, they are very usable for live shows. I did sell as my fishman 330 ended up being used for all my acoustic shows...more versatile. Sometimes I wish I still had the Genzler hanging around.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification