The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-28-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Anyone want to arrange a song with me?

I posted a thread earlier this week about finding solo fingerstyle arrangements for Christian/praise&worship songs - and got some good feedback on working out those arrangements myself. Well, I have a start on a pretty simple tune, and wonder if anyone would like to join me in finishing it. The song is "You Are A Holy God", written by Brian Duane. I tabbed out the melody line for just the verse with correct time in a powertab file. I could not post the file - anyone know how I get attachments rights?? - so I made a quick download page on my webserver - you can get it here:

http://68.98.140.61:8080/guitar/

I would really appreciate anyone who wants to grab it and add bass notes and other filling out - and then post or email it back. I typed in the lyrics/chords for the first verse in the song attributes section.

I would also appreciate input on the process one goes through in making a fingerstyle arrangment: I suppose you start with the chords and melody line as I have - then how do you go about filling in all the rest? I know some of the raw materials are picking patterns, bass lines (alternating, walking), chord notes - but I am not sure on the process for putting it together.

Thanks!
jwg.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell