The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-12-2003, 09:23 AM

I guess the guy is working all of the cable options to get his product out there. You have to respect his marketing strategy - it is likely working pretty well otherwise we wouldn't keep seeing him. It also likely is helping draw attendance at his concerts. Maybe I ought to get a wierd costume and try it myself.

Hey Bradley. Did you get a chance to play that one to see what it's like?
Member #12

Acoustics:
1995 Taylor 510
1997 Taylor Custom Shop 14 size
1998 Taylor K-65 12 string
1998 Larrivee C-10E with Mucha Lady IR/Sitka

Electrics:
1999 PRS Custom 22 Artist Package - Whale Blue/Ebony
1995 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Strat - Dakota/Maple
1997 Fender California Series Fat Strat - CAR/Maple
1968 Teisco e-110 Sunburst/Maple
Old 02-13-2003, 07:07 AM

HSN (Home Shopping Nework) is promoting this. He was "discovered" by a buyer from HSN and it is my understanding that he has sold a ton of CD's thru them. The producing of an infomercial and then promoting it is a very expensive process and all the money has to be paid "up front!" Take it from one who has done this kind of thing. HSN is also promoting their guitar on their channel as well as commercial channels.

Not sure who is building the guitar at this point but there are any number of companies who can turn out something like this and they are doing it. There is another Asian company that is currently building both low and high end guitars that is ramping up production. They will make their presence felt in about a year.

What I thought was interesting is the guitar he is using for the demo has electronics. Note how they try not to show the end of the guitar. What got me started was all the cabling behind him and sure enough there were some shots that indicated a cable was plugged into the guitar. Same as the sidekick.

All is not as it seems!

The Doc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification