The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-25-2001, 12:43 AM

Post JCSM and the Blues

Anybody have or played a JCSM? Is Taylor still making them and, if I can press further, anyone seen one for sale if not?

Also, what other Taylor model are they based on.

All the best

NYC
Old 02-25-2001, 01:30 AM

I have one ... and have played others, but have not seen them recently for sale. Mine is #61 of 100, and it was purchased in June 2000, so I sort of doubt there are ones left ... but you can always ask your favorite guitar store to contact his Taylor rep.

From what I understand, it's basically a 914 with different appointments. Only thing is that it sounds quite different from a 914 ... I like it much better ... though the Traveling Man on the fretboard took a little getting used to for me. I had mine custom made ... no OBB and no cutaway.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:47 AM

I played one about 6 months ago. I've played a bunch of Jewel models, three Doyle models and one Sambora model and this one was my favorite sounding limited signature model. Although I really like my cedar/rosewood 714ce, englemann/rosewood combo is quickly becoming my favorite combination of woods for Taylors. Englemann seems to have the right mixture of overtones and fundamental tone to my ear and style of playing. I think the JCSM model was loosely based on the 914c.

GL

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification