View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
Hey Bren! I won't be able to give you a true appraisal until I spend a lot of time with it at home. But between Day 1 and (spoiler) Day 2, I played on it for over an hour and was just as fast as I can recall on my OMs with very few sour notes. Given my skill level, I'd say I hit no more sour notes than any normal session I have on my OMs.

A while back you mentioned how you'd really migrated to the D sound, and I was really stuck in my "comfort of the OM" phase. Which I will definitely miss, and will still keep at least one of my OMs specifically for that comfort. But there is just something about dreads. Especially for someone like me who rarely ever plays mic'd up and often in large living rooms for friends and family whose dimensions and furnishings deaden the sounds of smaller bodied guitars.
The 1934D is unique in a sea of dreads. They are 3/8" shallower depth at the neck and tail, and 1/2" smaller across the upper bout compared with a typical dread from Martin or H&D. Super comfortable to play and hold, yet retains 90% of the power of a larger D.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4000 shipped