Thread: Bourgeois Dreds
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I don't know if your guitar has torrefied or Banjo Killer bracing like mine does, but mine has a better overall tone across the bass, mids and highs than my D41. Not saying that my D41 doesn't sound fantastic, because it does, but like your Marquis, my 41 is so overly bass-biased, that the lows are the main thing you hear and it doesn't cut through a mix well because of that. That's where my Bourgeois shines! You have this brilliant mixture of sound it produces that stands out as unique and cuts through the wall of music.
Yes, AT -- so top, bracing, and bridge plate torrefied. Also has the special Satin Finish (like the Collings Julian Lage OM) and the 1 3/4 nut 2 5/16 spacing neck I wanted. But no BK double scalloped bracing. Compromises had to be made to get the guitar I wanted and I traded the BK bracing for the chance at the Satin finish which is supposed to make it more resonant.

This is the exact guitar that Music Emporium sold new back in the Spring. I was going to buy it, I dithered, and it sold right under my nose. But in an amazing stroke of luck, I saw it the day it was posted on TNAG Nashville. The guy who bought it traded it in for an OM. Talked to Kim Sherman, worked out an acceptable price and now it's mine.

I agree with you on the bass bias of Martin Rosewood dreads. My D-28 Marquis was the same way...borderline too much at times.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped