View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Methos, Congratulations on your RainSong Black Ice acquisition!

The RainSong Gig Bag was designed for the WS models but I've used it with the RainSong dreadnoughts. It's a bit of a snug fit but the bag works well for the dreads too.

Yes, the two Rochesters Rock! When I was a kid we spent many summer vacations at York Beach, Maine, so I'm familiar with the Rochester and Portsmouth, New Hampshire, area. Also, Dave Guard of the original Kingston Trio spent the last several years of his life working on a horse farm near Rollinsford, New Hampshire, before succumbing to cancer in 1991. He was good friends with The Shaw Brothers, a name you're probably familiar with?

Anyway, I have a Kingston Trio fan website that has a lot of information and history on the group: The Kingston Trio Place

Play On!

Ken
Great info on the RS gig bag. I was waiting for Ted to confirm a fit test but based on your opinion I went ahead and ordered one to get shipped so I can have it for gigs the week after this week.

Our beach destination is Wells, just a few towns up the coast from York. But we know York well, as well as all the coastal areas pretty much from Hampton all way up to Portland. These days we find ourselves riding our motorcycle more often on Maine's back roads with frequent detours into Wells, Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. And of course Portsmouth is a favorite destination. We'd live there if we could afford one of those swanky downtown condos right in the thick of things. Such a great town for music, art, theater and food.

I've heard of The Shaw Brothers and knew of Dave Guard of the Kingston Trio living in Rollinsford. I'll have to check out your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I've got to say that now that I've had a chance to play this guitar's N2 neck for a while I actually like its feel. Thumb-fretting of the E-6th-string is pretty easy on this guitar and that is always a consideration for me when deciding to buy a guitar. Frankly, I find the neck on my Emerald X20 a bear to play on when doing thumb-fretting as the neck-width and thickness flare too quickly as I go up the neck. I love everything else about my Emerald X20.
I agree on the N2 neck. I really like it a lot. I used to be more picky about neck shapes and still have a few I'm not a super fan of but the RS N2 seems to fit me very well, especially on the Nashville Shorty. I'm hoping the BI-DR feels exactly the same.