View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
We exchanged a couple of emails with Alistair and he explained the process a bit. Since the whole guitar is made in a mold, any deviation exceeding the standard neck dimensions is a quite difficult process (less so when it's a smaller neck). In my case he told me he had to limit a bit the thickness up the neck to preserve its geometry.

Now I have to say that the difference between the neck of my X20 and the model isn't night and day, they're still pretty close. I'm just very picky
The point is that Emerald's capability to perfectly duplicate a neck depends of the dimensions and shape you want. Smaller no problem, bigger can be more challenging.
My guitar was delayed by quite a bit and I was told that Alistair himself was working on mine and I wonder if the whole custom neck shape via a mold just ended up being more of a PITA than it was worth which is why I'm trying to find out if they kept my mold or even better made a mold of my finished guitar. That would have been smart as it would have given them a 'soft V' to offer to others looking for a V neck. It's the only way I'll do another custom.