View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Based on everything I've seen and read, Emerald will take care of you. I did just want to mention that the indentation behind the headstock is normal - my X20 is the same.

Either that, or we both have an issue
Same here - my X20 has this indentation which means it's part of the mold and surely normal.

I agree, everyone's level of discernment is different. I'm a materials quality inspector by trade so I actually am quite used to inspecting all kinds of things under higher magnification to ensure it's conforming to the specification. As all quality inspectors know, nothing made by human hands or even machines are perfect - ever. If you look at the most smooth surface you have under extreme magnification then you'd be shocked how not smooth it appears. Therefore we judge material acceptance by the three FFF's - Form, Fit and Function.

All that said, I've pointed out flaws or areas of concern on both my custom Emeralds both here in my NGD posts and I've also emailed them to Alistair for his thoughts and opinions and the OP has and should do the same. The vast majority of Emerald's business is by word of mouth and customer satisfaction is extremely important to them. They value the feedback of the customers, good and bad. I'm sure the OP will be taken care of by them. I'd like to see some photos of the guitar from farther out. I looks like it's another beautiful woody custom!