View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 03:44 PM

Default Battery test #1

Just completed my first battery test. I had fully charged it yesterday and then unplugged it mid-day and left it alone for approximately 24 hours. Unfortunately, since there is no app associated with this unit you can't get too detailed a battery reading. You just get Green (20%-100%), Yellow (5%-20%) and Red (5%-0) lights. So it will be a bit difficult to properly judge just how much and how fast the battery is draining being left alone not in use.

Anyway, we plugged in around noon (two mics, one guitar, BT engaged to my phone) and held a band practice at gig volumes. Within one hours time the light went from green to yellow. This surely means that the ShowBox battery is draining significantly when in standby mode (not powered on, not connected to AC). That said, we practiced for another two hours and then streamed music for two more hours after that and it stayed on the yellow. So that's a full 5 hours, more than enough for our (one hour) gigs and then some.

I'm recharging overnight and I'll keep it on the charger until we practice again tomorrow and then we'll see how long it takes to go from green to yellow. I'll report back then on that.

Another thing I noted today, I used mostly auto-gain to connect my mics and guitar. I had a bit of the red clipping light when playing/singing hard. With the master volume at 50% I did not hear any clipping of the speaker. However, when I dialed it up to about 70% I could hear clipping whenever the light clipped. So I dialed back the gain on everything until there was no clipping of the light but dialed up the individual volumes to get back to gig volume and thankfully no speaker clipping.

More to come.