View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
This is the correct answer. The entire situation is ridiculous and if it were me I would be owning a nice little guitar company by the time the dust settled. As someone who sells a lot of high end merchandise in my business, the manufacturer is the one who ultimately is on the hook for this. If your friend wanted a higher level guitar, he should have had to handle it through the original dealer or directly, but no matter what happened, a new guitar should have been made. The dealer not giving a refund should be irrelevant and sounds like a copout.

If your friend paid with a credit card, he has the right to dispute the charges. When this happens, the CC company immediately takes the money from the dealer and puts it into an escrow account until the dispute is settled, and notifies the dealer of the details of the dispute. If your friend has copies of an email where they admit the item was "not as described", he will submit that in his dispute and I would think it will be very hard for the dealer/manufacturer to win out and get their money back. They will also have to pay fees associated with the CC company researching the claims.

If the facts are as you are presenting them, it's just bad on many levels. Even the fact that they would email him and tell him they aren't going to stand behind it is a piss poor way to treat a customer. Hiding behind email is the cowards way to deal with it.
If you agree with me, then you agree that the focus needs to be on the manufacturer, and why they fell down on their lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Opening a dispute with the credit card company is only going to punish the dealer he bought it from, and we agree that the dealer should be insulated from this problem since it has been well over a month since it left the store.

He needs to get the manufacturer to honor the darn warranty, rebuild him a guitar, and transfer the lifetime warranty over to the new serial #. Leave the dealer out of it.

Or am I missing something ?

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped