View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

I'm quite surprised by the lack of photos here! Yes, I do still follow the CF sub-forum even though I am currently back to all wood guitars. It seems incredible that less than a year ago I was an all CF guitar guy with three incredible specimens of Emerald woody guitars! There was a time when a thread like this would have been packed with photos. Is everyone recovering from NAMM? Or is there some sort of gathering at Kramsters and his wifi is down?!?

Oh well, although these guitars have all gone on to new owners, I did own them all at one time. For the record they are as follows:

Left: My first brand new custom order from Emerald, an X20 with cocobolo woody top, amber back and sides, custom soft V neck carve and short 24.6" scale with K&K pickup.

Middle: An incredible EvanB custom thin body X10 nylon in gorgeous Royal Ebony woody top (the best woody top of all, IMHO) with level 1 pickup system and exposed CF weave bridge.

Right: My second full custom order from Emerald, an X7 with Ziricote woody top with 'flaming sword' sapwood center, amber back and sides, custom soft V neck carve and long 24.6" scale, K&K pickup, and custom center point pinless bridge with exposed CF weave.