The Acoustic Guitar Forum  

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Amplification (Electrified!!!)

Old 05-23-2011, 12:05 PM

Default Boss Ve-20 vs TC Helicon Harmony GT x

On vocal processors, does anyone use the bOSS VE-20 AND have compared it to the TC Helicon Harmony GT X. I know a few in here use the TC Helicon and they sound good on the vids but was wondering about the Boss.

Any comments?

Martin HD28,
Martin D15
Larrivee D05-12
Ovation Legend

Toms Soundclick Page
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Well I use the Harmony G XT and I really really love it. I saw a guy performing with the Boss and I didn't like the way the harmonies sounded . Not quite as natural. He was using the Boss VE-20 as a looper for his guitar and that was kind of cool.
So my thought is if vocals are what you primarily want go with the Harmony G XT , if you want looping and decent vocals maybe go with the Boss.
Finally , a vocal harmonizer is not natural to begin with so my thought is that to pull it off live it is important to get the best one you can. I love mine but I have thought of upgrading at some point to the next model up. The Voicelive 2 is awesome but 3 times more money.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Amplification (Electrified!!!)