The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-29-2018, 03:33 AM

Default Again, loose bracing, other guitar

I beg your pardon not being able to make photos immediately available through avatars.
The problem is an Aria AC8 that has a dented top (laminate top, back and sides). Please see:

[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/a22p5xj1c6...I1133.JPG?dl=0[/IMG]

I will have to press the top, to get the bracing to hold it. But still I expect, if the glue joints hold, the ribs in the bracing will be bent.
I have ordinary white glue and hide glue. Which would be better to use?
I am not used to hide glue and white glue isnīt that suited for instrument repairs from what Iīve understood.

This guitar has five ribs in the bracing. Of them three are partially loose from the top. The mid one about half of it is completely loose. The other two, next to it, are loose on the middle, a little bit difficult to describe. The top was bent upwards very ill last time I tried to tune it to concert pitch.
Regards

Last edited by Henning; 06-29-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:19 AM

Repair procedure is the same as for your previous thread: sticks and exterior clamps. Place the sticks/props and clamps where the bulging top is.
Either glue is fine, particularly on a plywood guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair