The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Default Effects pedal advice for accoustic

I play a Taylor 414 on a church worship team. I am seeking advice on effects
I have aBoss chorus and delay is there something else I might need? I want a clean sound with some fulness. Am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 AM

Effects may not necessarily be the answer. What kind of pickup, preamp and amp are you using?

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac w/K&K Western

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) --> Digitech RP250
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Default simple and easy, yet powerful

You may get lots of opinions on effects for accoustic guitar. I have experimented with alot and have come back to one pedal (+tuner).

BBE Acoustimax. It is a great pedal that allows for tone EQ shaping (with parametric mids), notch and cut and the AWESOME SonicMaximizer feature that just adds a fullness and 3 dimensional aspect to your acoustic tone negating the need for chorus or other effects (IMHO). This assumes that you are happy with your pickup and guitar sound.

Try one and you will see what others have found to be the end of effects search for their acoustic guitar rig.
Collings 290, Suhr Antique Classic Limited Edition Roasted, PRS Silver SkyFender Super Champ XD, Boss Katana 100, Helix Floor

Last edited by kensmith; 04-14-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM

for a clean sound, i'd +1 on what seagull said - focus on a good preamp and amp.

if you're all set with those, then i'd get a good reverb pedal... you'll use that far more than a delay or chorus for a clean sound
Japanese Ephiphone Thunderbird > yorkville xm50
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMiller View Post
I play a Taylor 414 on a church worship team. I am seeking advice on effects
I have aBoss chorus and delay is there something else I might need? I want a clean sound with some fulness. Am I on the right track?
Hi Mike...
Tell us about the team - size and instrumentation.

I lead worship and never use effects on the acoustic guitar, and always use my Line6 delay (the green one) on my Strat. My acoustic sounds full and fat through the PA so it doesn't need help - and I want it to sound acoustic not electric...that is what the Strat is for.

I'd think your Boss is adequate anyway, unless you are going for outrageous and freaky sounds.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-14-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Mike...
Tell us about the team - size and instrumentation.

I lead worship and never use effects on the acoustic guitar, and always use my Line6 delay (the green one) on my Strat. My acoustic sounds full and fat through the PA so it doesn't need help - and I want it to sound acoustic not electric...that is what the Strat is for.

I'd think your Boss is adequate anyway, unless you are going for outrageous and freaky sounds.
Response from Mike

My taylor has a fishman prefix stero blender. I go straight to the PA. Our team consists of key board, bas, drums 2 electric.

I have been playing a T5 with a boss ME50. I have not been happy with it and decided to go to my acoustic. Any advice would be appreciated as I am not very informed about this kind of thing.

Mike
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM

If you can find a used Zoom 504II acoustic pedal you should buy it. Try the first setting - A1. I've got a couple Taylors and I play exclusively through that setting and it is on fire.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification