The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2024, 06:15 AM

I was at Fuller’s in Houston recently and played the GA version of this in a room full of higher end Taylors (several Builder’s Edition and custom GP’s) and it absolutely blew them away. I almost didn’t pick it up until the very end. And wow. I definitely agree on the clarity with the sapele body and mahogany top. Was not expecting that. I definitely want to try the AD27 version now. I really like the understated satin finish - especially the top. I have an AD27e Flametop and love it.

I never thought I’d like hardwood top guitars. But these recent models from Taylor have given me a whole new perspective.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
I have not played one that was not stellar. Great model. Nice review.
Thanks, Sal! Happy to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTaylor83 View Post
I was at Fuller’s in Houston recently and played the GA version of this in a room full of higher end Taylors (several Builder’s Edition and custom GP’s) and it absolutely blew them away. I almost didn’t pick it up until the very end. And wow. I definitely agree on the clarity with the sapele body and mahogany top. Was not expecting that. I definitely want to try the AD27 version now. I really like the understated satin finish - especially the top. I have an AD27e Flametop and love it.

I never thought I’d like hardwood top guitars. But these recent models from Taylor have given me a whole new perspective.
Completely agree. The harder mahogany, to my ears, seems to work really well with the bracing. That clarity cannot be overstated IMO. And I've become a huge fan of satin. In fact, I think I might have more satin guitars at the moment than nitro. That natural look just soothes the soul
Old 05-05-2024, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new AD27! they are nice guitars, I had an AD22, smaller version of yours. Taylor does hard woods well. Enjoy it!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 05-06-2024, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Congrats on your new AD27! they are nice guitars, I had an AD22, smaller version of yours. Taylor does hard woods well. Enjoy it!
Appreciate it, Joe!
Old 05-06-2024, 08:51 PM
Runaway Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBowman View Post
I'll say up front that when it comes to Taylor guitars, the ones I've enjoyed the most . . . . {clipped} . . . . One day I will figure it out
Excellent review, and congratulations!
Former AGF Moderator
Old 05-07-2024, 07:01 AM

Thanks, Mark. The more I play it, the more I like it.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Tried one of these a couple of months ago. So comfortable and ridiculously easy to play. If I hadn't recently added to my collection, it may have come home with me. Great guitar!
Old 05-07-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Tried one of these a couple of months ago. So comfortable and ridiculously easy to play. If I hadn't recently added to my collection, it may have come home with me. Great guitar!
Indeed, mine was near perfect in its set-up. I love finding guitars that punch way above their weight. I think the AD27 is a steal for the price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion