The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-09-2024, 12:55 PM

I think Jos Verstappen will ultimately end up costing Max several potential championships, either by forcing Horner out of Red Bull or taking Max to another team that isn't currently setup to win a championship with him.

Newey's departure from Red Bull does signal the end of the absolute dominance of the past few seasons, but I don't think his departure alone signals the complete demise of the team. They might just go back to being in contention every year, rather than expected to win every single race.

But that's only if they can calm down and find a way to move forward with Horner and Max working together.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Schmalex, thanks for your post. I don't have time to read about F1 as much as I'd like. Is there any truth to the rumor / scuttlebutt of Newey moving to Ferrari next year? I believe I read that he's under contract with Red Bull through the end of the 2025 season, but exits are negotiated and settled all the time at that level.

Thoughts?

Scott
Old 05-09-2024, 01:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Scott, Max and Checko drive for Red BULL .... originally an Austrian "energy" fizzy drink of some sort.

I doubt that Red Bear picks have the finance to run an F1 team.
Thanks for catching that, Andy. I stand (and sit) corrected.

sm
Old 05-09-2024, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
I agree with 6L6. I used to enjoy watching the races. I no longer do.
Pretty much watch races with the fast forward button in hand these days - at least until it becomes more competitive. But F1 goes this way - for years it was all Michael. Then Seb. Then Lewis.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redi View Post
Pretty much watch races with the fast forward button in hand these days - at least until it becomes more competitive. But F1 goes this way - for years it was all Michael. Then Seb. Then Lewis.
Very true. We watch it on Sky which has the monopoly now but it is 24 hour chit chat, time fillers, asking every driver inane questions, interviewing the guy who pumps up the tyres etc, etc. and mind numbing over analysis. and then all the "showbiz"nonsense that the latest "owners" have added in - it is now a "circus" with the main event somewhat sidelined.

"If Murray Walker was alive today, he'd be turning in his grave!"

Seriously thinking of cancelling my Sky sports sub, and just watching the highlights on You tube.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
but it is 24 hour chit chat, time fillers, asking every driver inane questions, interviewing the guy who pumps up the tyres etc, etc. and mind numbing over analysis.
all of which might be interesting if it was...

interesting.

I guess some folks are into the circus, but I am not.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Schmalex, thanks for your post. I don't have time to read about F1 as much as I'd like. Is there any truth to the rumor / scuttlebutt of Newey moving to Ferrari next year? I believe I read that he's under contract with Red Bull through the end of the 2025 season, but exits are negotiated and settled all the time at that level.

Thoughts?

Scott
I'm not sure if the exact details of his departure are known. Last I read he had a 12-month non-compete contract. I did read somewhere that Newey had regretted never having a chance to work with Lewis Hamilton during his career, so I think that's where the Ferrari rumor started, but I think Red Bull might make that more difficult than if he were going to a different team.

I'm sure that every F1 team would love to have Newey designing their cars.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmalex View Post
I'm not sure if the exact details of his departure are known. Last I read he had a 12-month non-compete contract. I did read somewhere that Newey had regretted never having a chance to work with Lewis Hamilton during his career, so I think that's where the Ferrari rumor started, but I think Red Bull might make that more difficult than if he were going to a different team.

I'm sure that every F1 team would love to have Newey designing their cars.
I think (not positive, though) it was a comment Lewis made that started the Newey/Ferrari rumor mill.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
I think (not positive, though) it was a comment Lewis made that started the Newey/Ferrari rumor mill.
Hi, Jeff. As schmalex was saying above, there might very well be a non-compete clause as part of Newey's contract with Red Bull. Although I'm not familiar with the F1 world, most contracts and situations are negotiable. Like any industry, everyone knows everyone, so it seems people will be flexible in this situation. After all, how many sports do you have where someone (Lewis) announces he's going to a new employer in a year and he still plays for his old team? I suspect RB would cut his severance or remaining $$$$ on his contract and let him start right up with Ferrari (or whomever).

I have no inside information, but that's the way most businesses work.

sm
Old 05-10-2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Hi, Jeff. As schmalex was saying above, there might very well be a non-compete clause as part of Newey's contract with Red Bull. Although I'm not familiar with the F1 world, most contracts and situations are negotiable. Like any industry, everyone knows everyone, so it seems people will be flexible in this situation. After all, how many sports do you have where someone (Lewis) announces he's going to a new employer in a year and he still plays for his old team? I suspect RB would cut his severance or remaining $$$$ on his contract and let him start right up with Ferrari (or whomever).

I have no inside information, but that's the way most businesses work.

sm
I have no idea (neither do any of us here, really) what Adrian may do, but I recall he mentioned that he simply wants some R&R time, along with wanting to concentrate on finishing up the Red Bull Hypercar project.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic