The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-30-2015, 09:29 AM

Default Echoes (Acoustic Pink Floyd Cover)

Afternoon all

I don't think I'll be throwing this one in my pub set, but it might be ok to busk with I think

Again, thanks for all the comments on my other tracks guys, it really is appreciated as it helps me grasp what people like and what they don't so when it comes to picking my final set I'll have some kind of idea of what folk like
Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 AM

YES! No doubt you've seen the semi-improvised acoustic version that Gilmour did with the full band and Rick Wright at Abbey Road, yeah?

Love this. Excellent composition and performance. My only suggestion would be to bring it way down at the beginning of the third(?) verse (~2:40). I feel like that would add some intensity and accentuate your voice and lyrics as it builds back up. (Not sure how that would fly on a busy street corner, though.) Oh, and the peter-out ending is great.

Jealous that you have a pub gig!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:10 AM

Man, if I heard this at a pub or on a street corner i would stop dead in my tracks and be transfixed just like I've been since the '70s. Great job in all respects.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell