The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Default **SOLD** 2014 John Walker Clark Fork #145 (Advanced Jumbo) -- Exc++ **SOLD**

**SOLD** 2014 John Walker Clark Fork #145 (Advanced Jumbo) -- Exc++ **SOLD**

For sale is a super rare Clark Fork slope dread made by the great luthier and ex-Gibson Custom Shop alum John Walker. There are only 16 of these in existence, and if you want to order new it's going to cost you north of $7300 with case and an 18 month wait.

The Clark Fork is Mr. Walker's interpretation of the Gibson Advanced Jumbo, so it is a long scale guitar in Rosewood. This specific piece was ordered with Honduran RW, which is one of my favorite b/s woods for its highly reflective, loud, and clear tones. No mud in this voice!

Standard specs include an Adi top, medium-shallow C neck, and 1 3/4 nut with 2 1/4" spacing. The cut-through long saddle is drop-in, and the adjustable truss rod access point is located at the headstock in typical Gibson fashion. I had a pro-setup and fret dress done recently, and the guitar plays like butter with action set at 6/64" and 4/64" with ~0.005" relief.

The back of the neck was refinished by a prior owner to remove capo marks and other impressions that were bothering him. The work was done by the artisans at Seven-C Music in Florida. They did such a magnificent job that you would not otherwise be able to tell without me disclosing this unless you knew that John Walker builds his guitars with a gloss neck while it is now satin after the refinish (preferred!).

Overall condition is Exc++ at 9.5 out of 10, with a few stray marks, but otherwise terrific shape for a 10-year old guitar played regularly.

**SOLD**

Photos and sound sample below -- thanks for looking!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped

Last edited by brencat; 03-26-2024 at 11:00 AM. Reason: **SOLD**
Old 03-23-2024, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

What a great deal on this guitar and a great guy to deal with! If I didn’t just pickup a Fairbanks I would be all over this. This shouldn’t last long.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

I owned this guitar for a couple years and can say it is just awesome, and Brendan is a great guy to deal with. Whoever picks this up will be impressed all around.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:03 AM
Resident Guitar Hack

Sorry, folks…but this one is now mine. Thanks, Brendan!

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars