The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-05-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Guitar Sample

Heya.. just my little version of an awesome hymn, done fingerstyle..

Be Thou My Vision:
http://lopar.shamby.org/vision.mp3

I've been playing around with this song for awhile, especially cause i can pull it off in D, which is so fun to play around in.. anyway, the strumming part is messy cause i don't have everything down yet, but it's not supposed to be professional anyway.. actually, i just added that 'jazz' chord (xx5557, Gsomething) today...

anywho, tell me what you think, i'm really trying to improve my playing!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:41 AM

nice job on the fingerwork! its very ironic on my part: im in the youth + college ministry so we dont sing many hymns. However we do sing one selected by our pastor at the end of worship every sunday. Just one really, and it rotates to something new every week. Ironically im pretty certain thats the one we sang today. Funny eh? Nevertheless its a great song.

as for the recording: nicely done except i needed to crank the volume up pretty high to get a clear sound. I dont think it was your recording settings, since towards the middle of the song it got real loud. In any case, im a beginner so im in no position to request better technique, ha! keep them comming!

btw, what guitar were you using?

aLbie
Old 07-06-2004, 09:22 PM

just my trusty Taylor 514CE... fishman electronics (it's a 2002)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell