The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-16-2016, 12:54 PM

Default NBA Playoffs - Round 1

Round 1 is here. I've got the Raptors/Pacers game on. Tied in the 4th quarter.

Go Raptors, Go Warriors, Go Celtics!

Who you rooting for?
Old 04-16-2016, 04:18 PM

Talking what a blow-out

OMG.....Warriors are just to accurate with three's.........
Old 04-16-2016, 05:04 PM

Looking forward to the Celtics taking down the Hawks in Hotlanta tonight!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:45 PM

Go Celts. Prolly won't go to far but.....Go Celtics

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut
Old 04-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Curry looked like he was going to score 50 until he got hurt!! I hope he's ok for the rest of the playoffs. Loving these Warriors!!! I'm a season ticket holder. I'm also rooting for the Hornets and the Thunder as well.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 04-17-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
Curry looked like he was going to score 50 until he got hurt!! I hope he's ok for the rest of the playoffs. Loving these Warriors!!! I'm a season ticket holder. I'm also rooting for the Hornets and the Thunder as well.
What a great season to be a season ticket holder. Let's hope Curry's ankle is ok. I only saw part of the 4th quarter.

What happened to Toronto? So many mistakes and missed shots.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Charter Member

Yeah I was rooting for Toronto because of all the choking they've done over the years in the post season. Hopefully they can turn it around here. The Pacers are a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What a great season to be a season ticket holder. Let's hope Curry's ankle is ok. I only saw part of the 4th quarter.

What happened to Toronto? So many mistakes and missed shots.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:01 AM

My wife and I are Spurs fans all the way (Go Spurs!), but last night we watched the Thunder/Mavs go at it for their second game, in part because we figure we'll be meeting the winner in round two of the playoffs. (Yes, we're sorta "counting our chickens" here, but we have faith!) After getting seriously shamed in game one, the Mavs came out with a whole lot more drive and kept it even or at a small lead most of the way through. What seemed like a rather ho-hum game turned a lot more contentious and exciting in the second half, and the last minutes of the 4th quarter were amazing: Dallas got ahead by a few points, then the Thunder came back within one, and in the last seconds, they fought for and missed two layups, then got the third...but only a split second AFTER time had run out. Sorry, OKC. Dallas squeaks out the W. Frankly, I think they earned it. Big kudos to Deron Williams (who was apparently playing with a hernia), Dirk Nowitzky and the rest of the Mavs.

For anyone else who watched the game: is it my imagination, or does the floor of the Thunder's arena need some serious attention? Or maybe the guys responsible for wiping the floor aren't doing their job right? Several players slipped big-time during the game. Couple of times, I thought for sure we were looking at injuries...especially two involving Kevin Durant, one with Ibaka.

Given Steph Curry's twisted ankle, and a few other injuries we've seen in contending teams, situations like floor condition make me a bit leery.

Dirk
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkronk View Post
For anyone else who watched the game: is it my imagination, or does the floor of the Thunder's arena need some serious attention? Or maybe the guys responsible for wiping the floor aren't doing their job right? Several players slipped big-time during the game. Couple of times, I thought for sure we were looking at injuries...especially two involving Kevin Durant, one with Ibaka.
The humidity is really high here right now. It's been raining the last few days, so that may have been a contributing factor.
Yamaha FG730S
1950 Epiphone Triumph
Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

That game had a crazy ending with the score and the final shot by Adams. What a let down for all the Thunder fans in the building!!

Its looking like Curry may be out again tonight. I'm looking forward to the Warriors game later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkronk View Post
My wife and I are Spurs fans all the way (Go Spurs!), but last night we watched the Thunder/Mavs go at it for their second game, in part because we figure we'll be meeting the winner in round two of the playoffs. (Yes, we're sorta "counting our chickens" here, but we have faith!) After getting seriously shamed in game one, the Mavs came out with a whole lot more drive and kept it even or at a small lead most of the way through. What seemed like a rather ho-hum game turned a lot more contentious and exciting in the second half, and the last minutes of the 4th quarter were amazing: Dallas got ahead by a few points, then the Thunder came back within one, and in the last seconds, they fought for and missed two layups, then got the third...but only a split second AFTER time had run out. Sorry, OKC. Dallas squeaks out the W. Frankly, I think they earned it. Big kudos to Deron Williams (who was apparently playing with a hernia), Dirk Nowitzky and the rest of the Mavs.

Given Steph Curry's twisted ankle, and a few other injuries we've seen in contending teams, situations like floor condition make me a bit leery.

Dirk

Old 04-24-2016, 06:37 PM

Stephanie Curry injured? Celts/Hawks in overtime. Let's talk some NBA!!!!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
I tuned into the Warriors game in the 2nd quarter and they were behind. I cringed when I saw Curry go down. I went back after half time and the Warriors had a big lead.

What's happening to the Raptors? I don't think they had lost 2 out of 3 games all year in such a sloppy manner. At what point do you stop shooting 3 pointers when none are going in?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I cringed when I saw Curry go down.

You and me, both. A serious "ouch" moment, watching his knees splay like that. Anyone hear a medical report or an ETA for Curry's return? Guess I shouldn't be THAT anxious...but any further matchup with SA this year is still speculative. Besides, I do hate to see players hurt.

My wife and I have been paying the most attention to the West, but I have to say that it looks like the East is where the bloodiest first-round battles are going on. Three 2-2 contests...with only the Cavs through to the second round? Really? Yow!

Rest now while you can, my Spurs. You have a full plate getting ready to face Durant, Westbrook and the rest of the OKC phalanx in Round 2.

Go Spurs!

Dirk
Old 04-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

I can't believe first Curry gets hurt and now Chris Paul, a drag for those players and teams. I think Portland may be able to beat this Paulless Clipper team. I'm hoping Curry can be back by round 3 we are going to need him to fact Dirk's team.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Stephanie? Is that a shot or a misspelling?

The injuries have been significant this year. Boston also lost Avery Bradley for the first round series.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s