The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-06-2024, 09:09 AM

Default New album - Horn Dancing - trailer

Trailers for musical albums?, apparently that's what you do these days. It's a little embarrassing setting out your stall like this, but I thought that some of you, like me many years ago, would like to hear a slightly different repertoire on the classical guitar. Something a little darker. It's taken an awful long time to write these arrangements, then learn them and then record them. I have no idea why some of the pieces have not been recorded for solo guitar before as they, quite frankly, absolutely beautiful.

I won't bore you going on and on, if you're interested in the development of this strange twelve year project, click on the YouTube link itself and have a look at the description, there's some liner notes (nearly) and a list of (most) of the tracks I'm playing. My partner calls it my Les Dawson material as there's quite a lot of deliberate dissonance in some of the tracks.( To you Americans, Les Dawson was a British comic, now sadly passed away, who could play familiar tunes, very badly on the piano in a way that was hilarious. I hope the finished result isn't funny. ��). The finished album will only be available via streaming platforms at this stage, as that was the most cost effective way of dealing with the copyright licences I've had to purchase, in relation to some of the newer material.

Anyway. Here's the trailer.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Sounds real nice Mike, best wishes on this one!

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZaWP
Old 05-12-2024, 04:14 AM

That's very kind of you Bob. Just listening to some of your stuff on SoundCloud, that MJH Mermaid song is exactly what I need this morning.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrfinger View Post
That's very kind of you Bob. Just listening to some of your stuff on SoundCloud, that MJH Mermaid song is exactly what I need this morning.
Thanks, Mike. Nothing like a little MJH and a cuppa coffee (or tea) in the morning

Your take on classical guitar is really cool and I’m anxiously awaiting to hear more!

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZaWP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell