The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I decided not to go with the Smokey Chrome standard size Gotoh’s and changed my order to the Chrome staggered mini lockers instead. Unlike my Stratocaster with the big honking CBS headstock, I think ergonomically these will look and perform better on the smaller, more trimmed down tele sized headstock without introducing any neck dive.

Oh, those tuners are going to look great, Frank! Good for you!

- Glenn
Old 08-01-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Oh, those tuners are going to look great, Frank! Good for you!

- Glenn

Oh, Glenn, I’m happy you aren’t holding a grudge for me teasing you on the thread below!! Bahahaha😹😂😹
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=650407
Old 08-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Another fellow Jerseyan here, that's very cool Frank. Great you get to see your son and do musical stuff with him.
Have fun with your son and the project!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 08-01-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Another fellow Jerseyan here, that's very cool Frank. Great you get to see your son and do musical stuff with him.
Have fun with your son and the project!
Thanks Joe.
You know I’m sort of torn right now between doing up this guitar before my son arrives at the end of August, or waiting and doing it together when we are hanging out? I’ve gotta think this one through.
Thanks again Joe,
frank d.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh, Glenn, I’m happy you aren’t holding a grudge for me teasing you on the thread below!! Bahahaha😹😂😹
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=650407
Hi Frank,

Ah!... I hadn't seen that! Thanks for the link!

I responded now that I know your post is there!

Take care, Frank!

- Glenn
Old 08-01-2022, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks Joe.
You know I’m sort of torn right now between doing up this guitar before my son arrives at the end of August, or waiting and doing it together when we are hanging out? I’ve gotta think this one through.
Thanks again Joe,
frank d.
Good dilemma to have Frank

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 08-02-2022, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks Joe.
. . . .
While "a guitar my dad modded for me" is really nice, "a guitar my dad and I modded together" is the stuff memories are made of.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
While "a guitar my dad modded for me" is really nice, "a guitar my dad and I modded together" is the stuff memories are made of.
You know what, GoPappy, thats probably the best answer to a thread I’ve ever gotten. It’s the big picture I should have my eyes on…and not the instant gratification.
Thank you my friend,
frank
Old 08-02-2022, 12:39 PM

OK, the EART Corsair NK C1 arrive unscathed I am very happy to say. How, is anyones guess? One piece of foam holding the neck up and that was it. Nothing but a piece of cardboard and the will of the guitar gods keeping it in one piece.

Everything I had heard and hoped for? Yes and no. The controls are pretty cheesey(read cheap feeling) although the selector is dead quiet. Finish is perfect, I haven’t found anything out of the ordinary. They say two piece mahogany, but I can’t find a seam. Tuners are throw aways, I’m so glad I have those Gotoh’s coming. Neck? Unbelievably as good or better as any of my Fender guitars, and definitely prettier with that great roasting process. Fret work? Better than any guitar I own. NO BULL! I am not kidding here. And I have a couple of beautiful guitars in my stable. Better than my plek’d LesPaul, better than my American Performer that was polished and leveled, fret ends finished by my guitar guru. Bone nut on outside edges is little razor blades. That’s my first job, to make those edges go away. Sound great, but strings are 9’s. Too light for me. I”ll try 10’s, but honestly, the neck is so fast I may go to 11’s. Something stupid…I’m disappointed the name on the headstock no longer uses the red “T” in the name. I liked that, and sorry this guitar doesn’t have it. It looked unique.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
OK, the EART Corsair NK C1 arrive unscathed I am very happy to say. How, is anyones guess? One piece of foam holding the neck up and that was it. Nothing but a piece of cardboard and the will of the guitar gods keeping it in one piece.

Everything I had heard and hoped for? Yes and no. The controls are pretty cheesey(read cheap feeling) although the selector is dead quiet. Finish is perfect, I haven’t found anything out of the ordinary. They say two piece mahogany, but I can’t find a seam. Tuners are throw aways, I’m so glad I have those Gotoh’s coming. Neck? Unbelievably as good or better as any of my Fender guitars, and definitely prettier with that great roasting process. Fret work? Better than any guitar I own. NO BULL! I am not kidding here. And I have a couple of beautiful guitars in my stable. Better than my plek’d LesPaul, better than my American Performer that was polished and leveled, fret ends finished by my guitar guru. Bone nut on outside edges is little razor blades. That’s my first job, to make those edges go away. Sound great, but strings are 9’s. Too light for me. I”ll try 10’s, but honestly, the neck is so fast I may go to 11’s. Something stupid…I’m disappointed the name on the headstock no longer uses the red “T” in the name. I liked that, and sorry this guitar doesn’t have it. It looked unique.

Very nice! Love the finish. Looks like a fantastic edition to any stable. The upgrades should put it over the top! The fretwork…bonus! Well done.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 08-02-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Very nice! Love the finish. Looks like a fantastic edition to any stable. The upgrades should put it over the top! The fretwork…bonus! Well done.
Tony, the pictures don’t do the finish any justice. They use a one piece slice of veneer, no center seam, on the top. Really slick. The back is two piece roasted mahogany and I can’t find the seam.

I picked this guitar up on Amazon for $169 by taking out an Amazon credit card(they took $200 off the price of the guitar and gave me 12 months interest free on top of that. That’s silly stupid.) I bought all the upgraded parts with the savings. This hot rod build was a no brained finance wise!

I would put this neck on any American made Telecaster all day long. It’s really that good and more.
Thanks for checking in Tony.
frank d.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Tony, the pictures don’t do the finish any justice. They use a one piece slice of veneer, no center seam, on the top. Really slick. The back is two piece roasted mahogany and I can’t find the seam.

I picked this guitar up on Amazon for $169 by taking out an Amazon credit card(they took $200 off the price of the guitar and gave me 12 months interest free on top of that. That’s silly stupid.) I bought all the upgraded parts with the savings. This hot rod build was a no brained finance wise!

I would put this neck on any American made Telecaster all day long. It’s really that good and more.
Thanks for checking in Tony.
frank d.
I can’t hear that, Frank. I’m trying to downsize!

In all seriousness, that’s absolutely incredible. The value for dollar has certainly shifted from my time of a harmony, 5w amp, pitch-pipe, and cardboard carrying case…I mean, box.

To be able to provide the features that you’re referencing (mid to upper level stuff) for the $$ makes me scratch my head. Idk how they make money. I guess they sell a…..looooottttt of them. But, still.

Maybe you should buy another at that price. You and your son could both have one…different colors? Idk. I’d rather spend your money, lol.

Good on you, sir. Always love hearing when someone finds “more bang than buck.” You do realize that as a Father you’re obligated…for the safety of your family…to give it a really good workout…before giving it to your son. Gotta make sure it’s “road worthy” and all.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 08-02-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
I can’t hear that, Frank. I’m trying to downsize!

In all seriousness, that’s absolutely incredible. The value for dollar has certainly shifted from my time of a harmony, 5w amp, pitch-pipe, and cardboard carrying case…I mean, box.

To be able to provide the features that you’re referencing (mid to upper level stuff) for the $$ makes me scratch my head. Idk how they make money. I guess they sell a…..looooottttt of them. But, still.

Maybe you should buy another at that price. You and your son could both have one…different colors? Idk. I’d rather spend your money, lol.

Good on you, sir. Always love hearing when someone finds “more bang than buck.” You do realize that as a Father you’re obligated…for the safety of your family…to give it a really good workout…before giving it to your son. Gotta make sure it’s “road worthy” and all.
I wholeheartedly believe we are in a golden age of electric guitars right now. The quality available in sub $500 electrics was unheard of just ten years ago. No longer is it necessary to purchase $1k stage guitars. Its just not necessary any more. Of course, that is strictly my take on low investment guitars. As always your experience can/will differ from my own.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Very nice thing to do for your son Chickee! I hadn’t heard of the brand so I’ll now have to look into it. I’m down to my Squier strat and thought I’d be satisfied…but…a tele project would be so much fun.

Be sure and post pics of the finished product. I like the components you’ve selected so far. Good call on the tuners btw.

If I lived closer I’d try to get an invite and join you and Sal for some bread and whatever…but you’re a long way from the Rockies.

Cheers
Old 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

That's a good looking guitar, Frank! Awesome gift for your son!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars