The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-10-2024, 04:01 AM

Default Washburn Woodstock 81/82 serial number

I have a Washburn Woodstock which I bought in 1981 in Melbourne, Australia. Serial number in the sound hole 849336. The company that currently owns Washburn doesn't have records that go back this far, and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the guitar. Photos a bit dusty as rarely used.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TxVWt3O

Last edited by ATateRegan; 05-10-2024 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-10-2024, 10:58 AM

Washburn’s EA40 Woodstock guitar was part of their Festival Series introduced in 79-80 and which continued in production until about 1991, although the Woodstock model underwent significant changes in the mid 80s.

Most of the specifications I am sure you have deduced just by looking at your guitar, but I will confirm that these early Woodstock models used laminated mahogany for the top, back and sides.

Not relevant to your particular instrument is that soon after the EA40 was dropped the Woodstock name was used for their EA44 model (previously called the Monterey), and later still was used again for the EA20. This constant dropping, reintroduction and renaming of models occurred across the Festival Series.

Hope that helps.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion