The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-23-2003, 11:33 AM

Default New funky strings JSO

My Taylor dealer buddy threw me a set of the new Black Diamond Coated strings and said no charge and laughed . Just for grins I put them on my Collings and guys these strings are really different.

First off they are black. Yep I put the set of medioum lights at 12 through 50someting on the Collings and they went on easy enought no surprises , sounded kind of muffled to me as I tuned them up but then I went in plugged into the new old Ultrasound and finger picked some finger licks and began to quit laughing at my rather jaded opinion of BD strings. These guys sound totally different than anything I have hears so far. Not bad different not quite wow good either but definitly different . Then there is the black color against the Collings ebony neck. Man that looks cool I think to myself . Then after a couple hours of heated picking and all I put the collings in her casket and go to wipe the strings off.
whao they are not cllingy at all they are smooth and dry and not feeling of dirt from my hands or fingers . Weird even the Nanos feel a little gritty after a four hour session. Maybe the deal here is these are going to be good average sounding strings that hold up really well. If that's the case they will find a market.

Price ? Heck I dunno they were free and worth every penny.

Later

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 09-23-2003, 12:00 PM

Your review is right on with what two different friends have said regarding these strings.

I'm going to have to "try" them. . .. .

Regards,
DeadHead

Guitars

Martin Custom 000
Kopp Roy Smeck

Mandolins
'03 Gibson A5L

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification