The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Default New user of Vocalist Live 3

I've been messing around with my new live 3 and have noticed that when I click on the harmonizer my vocals and harmony vocals seem to distort or have a somewhat muffled sound to it any suggestions as to why this happens. When I'm singing without harmonies vocals are clear. I am running the vocalist through a Yamaha EMX 88s PA.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:38 AM

That shouldn't be happening. I use the same pedal and don't have those problems. A couple of things:

- Check the input level of your mic to see that the preamp isn't overloading.
- Check the gain on your Yamaha powered mixer to see if the extra harmonies aren't overloading your input channel.
- And if there's any gravel in your voice, the pedal sometimes has a hard time tracking your vocal for harmony generation.

Good luck!
[email protected]
Two cool Breedloves
Five amazing Aura-equipped Martins
2013 Gibson SJ-200
Two jumbo maple Guild 12-strings
Guild 8-string baritone
1979 Ovation Custom Balladeer
Peter Frampton Epiphone Texan
Yamaha 12-string
Alvarez classical
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10-Top
Lots of Fender & Variax electrics
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 AM

Check the "humanize" knob, turn it all the way down and see if that helps. Also, you might want to tune your guitar with the onboard tuner to make sure you and the Vocalist are "in the same gear."
Good luck. By the way, I've only had mine for a couple of weeks so I'm still dialing everything in, but my last gig went real well with it. It's got a lot more effects than my old Digitech Vocalist Performer that served me faithfully for nearly ten years [and is now for sale].

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification