The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD: Taylor 718e Grand Orchestra First Edition-Burst **Videos added**

2013 Taylor 718e Grand Orchestra First Edition #97/100

WOW!! BIG, RICH tone. Oh my goodness...can you say Banjo Killer!?!?! Not only are these beautiful to look at, but they have amazingly large...almost Martin type tone. You'd hardly know you're playing a Taylor guitar. That said, is is delightful to play fingerstyle as well. There were only 100 of these first edition guitars built...this one #97

Taylor's 718e First Edition acoustic-electric guitar celebrates the first run of the new Grand Orchestra series. With the 718e, you get the bold tone you can only expect from a back and sides made of genuine rosewood plus the balanced mids and shimmering highs of Sitka spruce top. Burly lows are balanced by a rich treble response, and unlike most other big-bodied guitars, the GO is responsive to a light touch. On the rosewood/spruce 718e, rosewood’s broad tonal spectrum helps deliver all the power and detail a player could ask for, from meaty open chords to lush fingerstyle arrangements.

Taylor went back to the drawing board for a louder, extremely balanced guitar and came up with the Grand Orchestra. This body shape, Taylor's largest, boasts Taylor's boldest, richest full-range voice yet. The Taylor 718e First Edition Grand Orchestra has a robust output, dynamic range and sensitive response for all types of players. The Grand Orchestra, blends a deep, complex voice with impressive tonal uniformity from top to bottom.

Specs:

Shape: Grand Orchestra
Sunburst: Vintage Sunburst Top & Neck
Number of Strings: 6
Back/Side Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Scale length: 25-1/2″
Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
Body Length: 20 5/8″
Electronics: ES®2
Body Width: 16 3/4″
Body Depth: 5″
Nut & Saddle: Bone
Neck Width: 1-3/4″
Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
Bracing: Adirondack Grand Orchestra Bracing
Fretboard Wood: Ebony
Fretboard Inlay: Ivroid Heritage Diamond
Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
Binding: Ivoroid
Bridge Pins: Ebony With abaolne dots
Truss Rod Cover: Rosewood
Back/Side Finish: Gloss
Top Finish: Gloss
Neck Finish: Satin Vintage Burst
Pickguard: Tortoise
Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
Tuners: Upgraded Taylor Gold (Original Chrome available if preferred)

Just give this guitar a listen. This wonderful guitar sounds like anything but a "conventional Taylor". That said, i like conventional Taylor tone, but many downgrade it...I promise...you will not downgrade this tone!!

Here ya go:

Fingerstyle

Strumming

Your price:SOLD

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-02-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 PM

.... Ok my rant is over. Good luck with your sale. Someone will get a gorgeous and Awesome sounding guitar!

2004 Taylor 712 Baggs Anthem SL
2019 Taylor 717e Builders Edition ES2
2016 Huss & Dalton TOM-M w/Baggs M-1
2019 Martin Custom Shop OMCE Blaze Burst w/Fishman Matrix Enhance
2019 Martin OM28 Modern Deluxe

Last edited by cigarfan; 05-09-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Not appropriate in a for sale ad
Old 05-08-2017, 08:10 PM

Well, I'll say I LOVE the burst on this guitar. To my way of thinking,that's something Taylor does as well as or better than any large scale builder.

GLWS OP,she's a beauty.

Last edited by Kerbie; 05-09-2017 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Deleted reference
Old 05-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
Good luck with your sale. Someone will get a gorgeous and Awesome sounding guitar!
Thanks Brother! I totally agree, and now realize that I chose the wrong way to say what I said. But, you sir are correct. For the longest time, I wouldn't even consider owning a Martin guitar, but have owned many, many Taylors. What I was of course trying to get at is this guitar tonally will stun you tonally. Whatever anyone might say to downsell Taylor, you are right this guitar will shut them all up.

So, thanks for saying directly what I was trying to get across. Someone is gonna love this guitar!

Last edited by Kerbie; 05-09-2017 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Edited quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

beautiful guitar! I think this burst is one of the best taylor has ever put out-I've always liked it even better in person.

this thing is killing me. I owned 2 of the 714's in this series when they first came out-one was englemann top and the last one Sitka-both were excellent-like a goofball I sold or traded both.

I've played a few of the x18 series and found them to have huge tone. beautiful rosewood on the back, classy inlays, goodness

I need to stay away from this thread!
d
Old 05-10-2017, 04:12 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
beautiful guitar! I think this burst is one of the best taylor has ever put out-I've always liked it even better in person.

this thing is killing me. I owned 2 of the 714's in this series when they first came out-one was englemann top and the last one Sitka-both were excellent-like a goofball I sold or traded both.

I've played a few of the x18 series and found them to have huge tone. beautiful rosewood on the back, classy inlays, goodness

I need to stay away from this thread!
d
Daryl, Thanks! I'm a sucker for bursts and this one is absolutely gorgeous. The sound that comes out of this guitar is BIG...I mean BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS . Take this same guitar and play some fingerstyle and I gotta tell you this thing will sing to ya...rich, fresh and lively tone.

Somebody is gonna get a great guitar here. 100 of these first editions made...Someone just needs to hit the "buy it now" button and let me send this one to you.

I believe this is a GREAT price for this guitar, but make me an reasonable offer if you have an interest and let's do this!

Old 05-13-2017, 10:01 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to those of you who have reached out about this guitar. I'd like to hear from some others. If you have an interest, speak up.

Make a reasonable offer. I'm in the mood to sell some guitars. This is YOUR time.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post

I'm in the mood to sell some guitars.
Really? Your endless parade of beautifully photographed fine instruments, I would never have guessed;-) It's actually darn cruel. You really should open a boutique shop, or at least a shop window. I have to admit that I've been tempted by more than a few of these. Good thing you don't always include sound clips.

Good luck with the latest sales. You don't by any chance have any 12-fretted Taylors waiting for the big reveal do you?

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 05-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroberts View Post
Really? Your endless parade of beautifully photographed fine instruments, I would never have guessed;-) It's actually darn cruel. You really should open a boutique shop, or at least a shop window. I have to admit that I've been tempted by more than a few of these. Good thing you don't always include sound clips.

Good luck with the latest sales. You don't by any chance have any 12-fretted Taylors waiting for the big reveal do you?
Thank you for the compliments. Actually, the parade is nearing the end...hopefully. As I try to instill some restraint (GAS therapy ha!), this should diminish...but HOW LONG have I said that?? Oh my goodness, I need help.... When you combine my weakness for nice guitars with the trades I've taken, etc. etc, and then sprinkle a little bit of "tough times" in there, you have my record of guitars sold. An embarrassment of riches and riches lost don't ya think?

Regarding sound clips, I'll possibly post a few of those this next week. I'm behind as a result of a short jaunt (boy trip) out of town.

12 fret Taylors are pretty special indeed, but no I don't have one. I've had a few and they were certainly worth owning. I have a 12 fret RS Muth that is really good, but it isn't listed for sale here.

Best of luck finding your next guitar!

Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Dropping the price to get some fence sitters off the fence! Somebody should jump on this guitar.

If you have an interest, make an offer!

Old 05-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Charter Member

Smile Bump

Big weekend bump for a really nice Taylor from a REALLY NICE GENTLEMAN, and a top shelf AGF seller.

Andy Powers designed this model from the ground up. Very different from "normal" Taylors from 2000 to Andy's redesigns. Enormous tone, and awesome playability too...

It is still available? Amazing at this price

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 05-27-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Big weekend bump for a really nice Taylor from a REALLY NICE GENTLEMAN, and a top shelf AGF seller.

Andy Powers designed this model from the ground up. Very different from "normal" Taylors from 2000 to Andy's redesigns. Enormous tone, and awesome playability too...

It is still available? Amazing at this price

Cheers

Paul
Paul, Yes, it is still available and SOLD Just when it couldn't get any better, it has. Come one, come all. Woody is having a sale!

If this price doesn't suit you, tell me what does and I'll consider it. Make your own Memorial Day sale...make a reasonable offer!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-02-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:26 PM

what a deal! You can't find the better guitar in this price range
Gibson LP 2007 57' reissue Goldtop
Old 05-31-2017, 01:49 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default Videos added

Just give this guitar a listen. This wonderful guitar sounds like anything but a "conventional Taylor". That said, i like conventional Taylor tone, but many downgrade it...I promise...you will not downgrade this tone!!

Here ya go:

Fingerstyle

Strumming

Old 06-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

SOLD Thanks AGF!!

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars