The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-28-2015, 12:53 AM

Default Itzkin OM and parlor

Hey everyone, in case you haven't seen some of my other posts, I'm a young builder with aspirations of being a professional. I've been building for a about 5 years at this point and have been working on these two guitars over the summer while I'm home from college (I start my sophomore year in the fall).

I'm working on two guitars right now with the first being an OM sized guitar featuring the classic Martin body shape, Carpathian spruce top, Honduras mahogany neck, back, and sides, cocobolo binding, macassar ebony fret board and a madagascar rosewood bridge. With this guitar I'm trying to build something that has a very traditional style and voice, but with some modern construction techniques and styles to optimize its responsiveness. The other guitar is a parlor which features the same plantilla as Antonio de Torres' SE 117. This guitar has an engelmann spruce top, indian rosewood back and sides, and a mahogany neck. While it is a ver small guitar (about an 11" lowerbout), this size produces an instrument of even tone and is surprisingly loud.

I didn't take too many photos towards the beginnings of these builds, but here are some photos of the guitars so far:

Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Looking awesome Brian!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Brian, It looks like you're well on your way to making some really nice instruments! Wishing you the best!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 08-26-2015 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 AM

Those guitars look great, Brian! I am still enjoying my Itzkin dreadnought.

My website:
http://draudio56.wix.com/warren-bendler

"It's hard...calming the Beatle inside of me."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop