The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-27-2021, 10:14 PM

I haven’t found any videos of anyone doing this with a hybrid guitar on the HX stomp, but it should work well. I don’t mind programming from scratch. I rarely like the factory presets in anything I try.

I want to program patches that use just the electric, just the acoustic, as well as patches that do them both simultaneously.

I should also be able to do things like a patch that uses just the acoustic with a six button looper.

I think it’s going to be pretty fun!
Old 05-27-2021, 10:23 PM

I am mostly a fingerstyle solo player, so the most important things to me are:

1) A really good solo acoustic sound with light reverb.
2) A really good solo acoustic sound with more ambience.
3) A good Jazzbox sound. I do a number of old jazz standards with walking thumb bass.
4) A really good acoustic sound with light reverb with an underlying ambient electric layer. I’ll probably have a number of variations of this.

Also cool will be:
5) A looper preset where I can go back and forth between acoustic and lead electric sounds. Something where I can sample a verse while I’m singing it, then play it back with an electric sound during a solo break.
6) A straight ahead acoustic sound with a full featured looper for building up layered loops.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Ok, this may be a way around it, but I'm still not sure it will do what you want.

"HX Stomp has a L/R input, like HX Effects. In order to get two separate inputs, you use a split block first in the signal chain, and set the L and R levels hard left and right so the signal is split between the two paths"

If you use a gain box on the electric side, you'll need a parallel path to keep the acoustic side from going through it....

I got the Line6 HX Stomp XL today.

I have a long way to go, but I can already see that it is going to work really well with the hybrid guitar. You just put a split at the beginning and pan the electric and acoustic inputs hard left and hard right. It doesn’t even take a DSP block to do the split.

I will be able to set it up so that I can call up either acoustic, electric, or combinations of both, and add DSP either independently or on both.

I can add an acoustic guitar IR to do Tonedexter type body resonances. I’m not sure how much that adds yet since I already have a mic in this guitar, but it’s there.

I will also be able to set up either a simple or complex looper preset.

The combination of the Godin Multiac Steel hybrid guitar and the Line6 HX Stomp XL seems to be exactly what I was looking for!
Old 05-30-2021, 05:48 AM

I've used the lowly...Zoom G1 Four with my acoustic, using the Acoustic sim patch and it was fine but I've now got the A1 Four....

My Toys:
Taylor AD17e (Ovangkol)
Guild "Bob Marley"
Epiphone ES339Pro P90 Limited
Fender Affinity Strat Custom W/P90's

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification