The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-10-2024, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

I have a large room over the top of our 3-car garage which I use for a music room and recording. I also use the room for a business office, a home theater, and a place to workout every day. But mostly I am the only one in that room unless I can talk my wife into coming up to watch a movie in the evening.

For me, this upstairs room is a dream-come-true.

I do have one guitar, my old '67 Martin D-35, in the house by the piano. My wife likes to hear me play and sing, so it's not a problem having a guitar in the main part of the house.

- Glenn
Old 05-10-2024, 08:29 PM

We finished the attic in our house and that became my guitar room. It’s zoned for heat and air and 2 room humidifiers help control the environment when needed. My computer is there and everything I need for lessons on FaceTime and practicing. Share the space with foster kittens, and our cats when we don’t have fosters. Feels like a great luxury to have my own space to play. Playing with others in the house is always done in the big room in the back of the house. Great place to play as it looks over the garden, has great acoustics, and plenty of space. Not that hard to bring what I need down to that room and back. We have had house concerts in that room. Life has been good to us.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 05-13-2024, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldstar View Post
I am in-process doing exactly this, for the exact same reasons. Have you made any decisions about treatment or flooring, or are you leaving it all the same? I am ripping out carpet and putting in hardwood, and I'll probably do some room treatment. I have some nice comfy chairs in storage waiting to go, and half of the room will be a personal studio. What are you exact plans? Do you know?
So in further talks/negotiations with the boss this weekend she mentioned that she would like to start updating the flooring as these are the same carpets that were installed when we had the house built 17yrs ago. In her mind I think she is thinking carpet and not hardwood but that might be the next conversation. She did mention that a nice sectional couch or even a nice wooden futon that could double as a queen bed in a pinch would make her happy. But we are in the beginning discussions on how the room will work out.
1998 Fender Jazz Base
2001 Fender Stratocater - Eric Clapton Edition
2006 Taylor GS 8
2008 Fender Stratocaster - John Mayer Edition
2012 Takamine 12 String
2022 Fender Acoustasonic Player Telecaster
2023 Martin HD-28E LRB
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Tube Amp
Bose L1 Pro8
Old 05-13-2024, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncles View Post
we are in the beginning discussions
Those are the easy ones...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion