The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-05-2024, 04:30 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

Default 25 seconds of me learning Ableton Live - Day 1

I decided to learn Ableton Live and start down the recording path (again)...

This is Day 1, and here is 25 seconds or so of me learning the interface and playing around with a few tracks. There is so much to learn!

I decided there aren't enough songs with both an acoustic guitar and a theremin... so... here you go!

https://soundcloud.com/matt-manning-...social_sharing

I promise not to do this often...
Old 05-05-2024, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

I listened out of curiosity and that's actually a really pretty little piece of music. I don't know from Theramins, but it works...

Good luck getting to know the new system. I gave up after not too much time with Garage Band and I've been going with more rudimentary hardware / software solutions since. At my age, life's too short to spend the time to try to master a DAW...

-Ray
Old 05-05-2024, 04:48 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I listened out of curiosity and that's actually a really pretty little piece of music. I don't know from Theramins, but it works...

Good luck getting to know the new system. I gave up after not too much time with Garage Band and I've been going with more rudimentary hardware / software solutions since. At my age, life's too short to spend the time to try to master a DAW...

-Ray
Thanks, Ray. I'm with you, man. I went through a recording phase a few decades ago, but with kids and work and everything else, it just fell by the wayside. Anything I've recorded for the past 'many years' has been straight to cell phone video... but I have music in my head and only so much time left to get it out, you know? I figure I can spend a few months getting reasonably proficient with Ableton, and then start dumping out everything that's in my head.

Doesn't really matter what happens to it once it's out of my head, though. The fun is in the creating!

Anyway, cheers and thanks for giving a listen to my very first foray into the Ableton world...

EDIT: I just learned how to add a video to Ableton and synch it with the audio...

Last edited by TheGITM; 05-05-2024 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Well, that's a pretty cool start, Matt! Looks like you are advancing quickly!

- Glenn
Old 05-08-2024, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Cool sound you are getting there!

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZaWP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell