The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 PM

I don't think you need more gear. If you indeed are recognizing that it's the lowest frequencies that are causing you problems then you have all of the control you need on the amp. Don't be afraid to turn that bass knob farther until the problem goes away. You said you have all three knobs turned down. Did you try to counter the bass frequencies by boosting some treble?

Of course the problem will go away once your not pointed at your amp 6 feet away.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 04-06-2017, 09:41 AM

I just got this off the UPS truck yesterday. I bought it to tame wolf tones and boomy-ness with my acoustic bass guitars. Really, an awesome nearly full parametric EQ pedal with boost. I'm off to get a proper power supply for it. It wasn't cheap, but I got a Aprils Fools deal from MF and paid around $220 for it.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Default All is good!

Many thanks for all the great input.

I moved the AER Compact 60 off to my left and 6 feet or so behind me. Worked like a charm. The bass is now under control and sounds balanced with the higher notes.

Thanks again!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronadair View Post
Many thanks for all the great input.

I moved the AER Compact 60 off to my left and 6 feet or so behind me. Worked like a charm. The bass is now under control and sounds balanced with the higher notes.

Thanks again!
Good news! Enjoy!

Louis
Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM

FWIW, a preamp with a parametric eq like the Fishman Platinum Pro (that I use) or especially one like the Empress Rustyaxe mentioned above will allow you to hone in more precisely on the offending frequency which may be helpful to have for the future if you're ever stuck in a corner right next to your amp.

Turning down the bass knob on your amp will take out a lot of other frequencies along with the offending one and may zap a bunch of your tone. Can't hurt to get one and learn how to use it in the meantime.
Buscarino Starlight nylon, Martin 000C-RGTE, Godin nylon duet ambiance, Breedlove Bossa Nova, cedar/EIR, Breedlove SC-20, cedar/walnut, Ovation Nylon LX1773, CA Cargo, CA GX, Larrivee 00-03, sitka/hog
Old 04-13-2017, 01:04 AM

Any decent preamp with midrange should work - the problem is often in the lower mids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Martin J40
Old 04-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Guest4562

Don't overlook a plain old ten band graphic equalizer, stomp box variety. I've had one since back in my rock days and I keep it in my gig case as a Swiss Army Knife of tone. I do have a Baggs PADI, I run through a mixer and two of my three acoustics have very good pre amps. But sometimes this is exactly the tool I need in difficult sonic environments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification