The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 05:15 PM

Default Buying a guitar in Prague

Next week I'm spending 3 days in Prague, CZ, the start of a three week voyage. I'd like to buy a guitar there so I have something to play on the journey. It could be a 300.00 disposable if it sounds good enough (no I won't throw it out but I might give it to a kid on the street.) Or if it's a quality instrument I would ship it back home, or fly with it.

Curiously, all the music stores in CZ are in Czech. This is a long shot to see if anyone has a recommendation.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Why not a travel guitar and take it with you. I recently bought a low end voyage air for a trip.

Martin D28 (1988)
Guild JF30
Voyage Air MD-02
Collings D1
Bourgeois vintage OM
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 PM

I do that sort of thing all the time as I travel constantly for work, giving a cheep guitar to someone busking or donating it to a guitar store is quite fun.
There are a fair few guitars that can be had for under $200 that would keep you happy for a few weeks. I would be inclined to suggest a very small bodied guitar as I have found out too many times hotel rooms and stuff are so small getting comfortable with a full size guitar can be difficult.

Also worth mentioning that traveling with a full size guitar is usually free carry on in my experience, I just put my laptop in my girlfriends backpack and take the guitar.

However I have just picked up one of these for travel so i dont have to keep buying cheap guitars: http://www.music123.com/guitars/trav...-travel-guitar

it is seriously amazing to play, especially just lying back on the bed because it does snot have a body to get int he way.
And if you like you can get one of these:
http://www.music123.com/amplifiers-e...y-amp-mini-amp

I almost bought one of these, once you get used to them their actually lots of fun, but they were just a little too big for a suitase:
http://www.music123.com/guitars/mart...coustic-guitar
Taylor: GS Mini
Maton: 225
Traveler Guitar: Escape Mark III
Epiphone: 220

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
europe, prague, purchase