The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Beautiful, when does #2 start?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 PM

Default My first build: an experiment in wood

Thanks razo. I'd love to start #2 now but I got to wait till I get a little more time and money. I got some good ideas for a few more that I can wait to try. I got one in particular that if I can pull it off will be pretty unusual. Hopefully I'll get to start sooner than later.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM

if only you lived in oregon...hehe, great stuff
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkstarfish View Post
if only you lived in oregon...hehe, great stuff
....hmmm whats in oregon......

To everyone wondering about the weight of the rosewood neck i did a little experiment that involved this guitar a scale and my martin dx1. Here at the house i dont have any scales that will measure anything light so i stepped on the scale holding the martin and wrote down the weight. I then took this guitar and did the same. I then weighed myself and subtracted the weights to find that this guitar is half a pound heavier than the martin. to me not much of a difference but i can see where to some this could be unwanted weight. anyhow i know its not the most accurate way of getting the weight but i think its close enough for me. i just thought some people might wanna know a more precise measurement than "not much heavier"
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utarazo View Post
Beautiful, when does #2 start?
well i know what i said but..........

you know how it is you are just sitting around browsing tonewood and daydreaming about what it could look like as a guitar. then you notice the luthiers monthly special 25% off maple hmmmm a flamed maple guitar would be a cool build right? No gotta wait for that but lets just check the price for fun. Hmmmmmm quite affordable and 25% off! No, cant do it. So the next 5 minutes or so are real blurry i cant quite remember what i was doing. So i turn off the computer and suddenly my phone goes off. I look and there it is and order confirmation for a sitka soundboard, flamed maple back sides and neck. Time for #2! With what i learned from #1 hopefully this one will be a lot better!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop