The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-21-2010, 09:00 PM

I don't know that I can tell the difference by ear between 48,000 hz and 44,100 hz either.

BUT, it makes all the difference in the world when trying to sync external audio rendered in reaper with video in sony vegas.
rendering audio with reaper at 44,100, it was impossible to sync with the video. however, rendering at 48,000, it was possible,.
48,000 chops the audio into enough pieces that syncing the video audio with the external audio (from reaper) works well.
using 44,100, when you try to align the waves, it just skips by where the waves would be in sync.
(I have read that the video industry standard for audio is 48,000 hz, 16 bit.)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:45 AM

This may be a problem in Vegas but it's not a problem in Edius or REAPER, based on my experience. Both these programs transparently handle different video and audio formats.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Guidry View Post
This may be a problem in Vegas but it's not a problem in Edius or REAPER, based on my experience. Both these programs transparently handle different video and audio formats.
Yep, I don't recall from when I used Vegas, but in Final Cut, this is a non-issue. Just import whatever you have, and it works fine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD