The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 AM

Default Walden g800ce review

so I got a new walden g800ce yesterday and it blew my mind! its an all solid wood guitar, infact probably the cheapest all solid wood guitar i have seen but its sound and finish is in no way cheap. its got an amazing rich low and mid as well as a pretty good high. Overall
sound 8.5/10
price 9.5/10
playability(after a truss rod adjustment) 8.5/10
intonation 9/10
looks and finish 8.5/10
overall an amazing guitar for its price!!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:41 AM

And the price was??????

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 AM

in dollars i think it costs about 750 to 850 ... not too, sure but similar specs on a taylor would cost a bundle more ...
Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 AM

Always liked Waldens they are great playing, sounding guitars I'm surprised they don't get more recognition. Glad you are enjoying yours.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Walden guitars have a lovely sound that I have not found reproduced by other makers. It is kind of like when people say "That Taylor sound"... yeah, Walden's have "That Walden sound". I agree that more people should try them if they get a chance, they may be surprised at how nice they are (they are hard to find in the wild, though, unless you go to a dealer).

I just traded away my Walden CG4070 a few weeks back, only becuase of the neck profile wasn't working for me. Other than that, that guitar was one of the best sounding guitars I have ever come across and with a build quality that was up there with guitars costing many times the price (was about $1,100 new). It killed me to let it go, but I had to due to my hand cramping (neck was to thin for me). The sound still haunts me and it will take me a long time to get past it.

The Walden classical (CN2030) I have is also heavenly. I love this guitar and for some reason the neck works for me (maybe the width of the classical offsets the thiness??). That one I will not let go of.

Good luck with your Walden, may it bring you happiness for years to come

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian
Old 08-21-2014, 10:06 AM

Thanks man ... it really is a beautiful guitar ... both sound and looks wise ... i had been playing a walden solid top for a while ant its a really good guitar but the G800CE blew me away!!! and you are right ... the "walden sound" is sweet without being bright ... i love it!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion