The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-31-2024, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abn556 View Post
What I did for a buddy in Arkansas who bought a Hummingbird Custom Koa from Fullers was go down there with my wife. We had them pull all 6 of the HB Koas they had in stock and we got on Facetime with my buddy so he could see and hear the selection process and ask questions. We went through all and short listed from 6 down to 2 based on tone, playability, and appearance. Then we went through the 2 finalists slowly and carefully with both me and the Fullers guy playing and showing the guitars from every angle. In the end my buddy picked the one he liked the best and bought it over the phone. When he got it a couple days later - no surprises. He loves it. What do I get out of it - I got to play all the Custom Koa Hummingbirds in Houston in one setting and really spend time checking them out. We also checked out the Murphy HBs and the Acacia HBs while we were there. Then I took my wife to lunch as a thank you for filming everything. All in all it was great fun.
How did the Murphy HBs compare brother?
Old 05-31-2024, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJTR View Post
How did the Murphy HBs compare brother?
The Murphy HB that I played sounded great and played great. Big resonant tone. My buddy was interested in it due to how good it sounded, but he was laser focused on that Custom Koa HB.
Martin D-41
Martin 000-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion