The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-15-2024, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Bose S1 Pro(+), Experiences so far

I have a S1Pro+ and my band mate has a couple of the S1Pros. I also have a Fishman SA330.

Use- solo and duo instrumental guitar

Tone- Very well done amplification of the guitar tone. The (Pro+) has more Bass response. The Tone Match setting works best with guitar direct. If using an external EQ/Preamp equipped signal chain, I found it best to turn off Tonematch. Seems like a no-brainer but still an observation.

Output volume- In a smaller 30-50 people indoor seating area, coffee shop/wine bar, one seems to be more than sufficient. In a slightly louder or outdoor environment of 50-100 people. 2 was optimum and enough for us. In both situations, I’ve had more than enough volume.

Battery life- I’ve only used it for 3 hours and still had 2 bars on the indicator.

Utility/Flexibility for lightweight PA needs (small band or open)- The app makes remote control easy. With some creativity you can use the Bose as wireless mixer in a PA setup.

The Bose has three inputs. Using a mixer on the 3rd input allows additional channels with wireless control. I know some will say just get a 6>ch mixer. Yes, but I never needed more than 4 ch for anything I do and a 4ch fits in a small gear bag with other items.

I recently used a S1Pro+ with Fishman SA330 for an open mic outdoors.
Signal path:
Bose:
Mic 1 > Bose input 1
Mic 2 > Bose input 2
Mixer > Bose Aux input

4ch Mixer:
Instrument 1 > mixer ch 1
Instrument 2 > mixer ch 2

Then line output Bose to Fishman SA330.

It was very convenient having wireless control over the mix with the minor exception of balancing the input between the instruments.

It sounded great.

So far the S1Pro(+) seem very useful.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:33 AM

Very cool. I just have the original. I don't use the battery often, but it's been flawless. I leave it plugged in all the time when not using it unplugged.

I almost always line mine out into an L1-Compact for gigging (2 mic inputs on the S1-Pro, SM57 for guitar/SM58 for vocals) and that makes for a solid rig for about any club.

They are pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 05-15-2024, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Great real world review. Our duo uses two S1 Pros behind us on stage lined out to a 330X in front and to the left of us for several very large outdoor spaces. This combination works great, though I'm envious of the app control of the mix that comes with the S1 Pro+ Likely not envious enough to buy one, but still!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification