The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-10-2024, 01:59 PM

Default A Word of Appreciation

On almost a daily basis I am gobsmacked by the artistry and craftsmanship displayed on these pages. Having succumbed to the lure of a custom made guitar, I now find it almost impossible to imagine purchasing a factory-made instrument.

I believe it takes an incredible dedication and desire to create something that is not only a work of art, but a finely crafted musical instrument. My hat is off to each and every one of you.

It's not likely I will ever meet any of you, or get an opportunity to play one of your magnificent guitars, but I think I may speak for many who simply enjoy reading the process and viewing the results. Thank you all!
Old 05-10-2024, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Smile Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpuhan View Post
On almost a daily basis I am gobsmacked by the artistry and craftsmanship displayed on these pages. Having succumbed to the lure of a custom made guitar, I now find it almost impossible to imagine purchasing a factory-made instrument.

I believe it takes an incredible dedication and desire to create something that is not only a work of art, but a finely crafted musical instrument. My hat is off to each and every one of you.

It's not likely I will ever meet any of you, or get an opportunity to play one of your magnificent guitars, but I think I may speak for many who simply enjoy reading the process and viewing the results. Thank you all!
I agree, although I certainly enjoyed meeting many luthiers at the first B.I.G.
As well as many fun AGF folks!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 05-10-2024, 09:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

That’s a very generous statement, I’m sure appreciated by every luthier here. Thank you! Such posts (and attitudes) help make our work a joy!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-11-2024, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Yes, once you’ve been through the first build, you never go back…not only the absolute finest built guitars which have sound qualities that are super amazing, but just engaging in the build relationship with the luthiers which results in a long lasting friendship! I can’t echo enough how these last few builds have enriched my musical friendships…but also, watching the builds on this forum has been an enriching experience.

Mark Hatcher Pina Parlor Torrified Maple/Cedar
Stephen Kinnaird 00 B&W Ebony/Engelmann Spruce
Simon Fay African Blackwood/Sinker Redwood
Wolfgang Jellinghaus Torres Modelo 43S Maple/Spruce
K Yairi CYTM Maple/Cedar
Old 05-13-2024, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I agree... unless that factory-made instrument is 80-90 years old and came from Nazareth, PA.

Guitars:'07 Circa OM, '09 Bashkin 00-12fret, '10 Circa 00 12-fret, '17 Buendia Jumbo, '17 Robbins R.1, '19 Doerr Legacy Select, '12 Collings 000-28H Koa. Pre-War guitars: '20 0-28, '22 00-28, '22 000-28. Mandolins: '09 Heiden Heritage F5, '08 Poe F5 , 1919 Gibson F-4, '80 Monteleone Grand Artist mandolin, '83 Monteleone GA (oval),'85 Sobell cittern.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:56 AM

Great sentiment indeed and agreed upon by me as well. I cab give you the opportunity to meet and become friends with several of these great builders and play many many high end handcrafted guitars in a very relaxed setting this Sept. if you would truly like to.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Great sentiment indeed and agreed upon by me as well. I cab give you the opportunity to meet and become friends with several of these great builders and play many many high end handcrafted guitars in a very relaxed setting this Sept. if you would truly like to.
That's a very enticing invitation, thank you! I may be abroad in September, so it may be like smoke.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop