View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:10 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
This will be great watching all come together, GOOD choice, I met Ben and played his guitars at the SBAIC Show, I Loved them, I was very impressed, and Ben was a supper cool fellow too.... Ben, you the Man
Yep, they say Ben can sing too . Apparently at Woodstock you got to experience his skill on the strings AND hear some of his vocal chops.

Ben sent me a series of pics of the build process of the neck. This isn't all of them, but it is some of them. This guitar build is moving along at a solid pace. This one could possibly set an AGF record of some kind for time from start to finish...we'll see. Frankly, not that I necessarily want to set a record, but all of us love to get a guitar done vs. laboring over a build for a LONG time. And yet, half of the fun of a build IS the build itself...having something CUSTOM built just for you....engaging with the builder...building a friendship. These are all essential elements of a custom build. Otherwise, we just buy a Taylor and be done with it huh??

Here 's a few:

The layout

The Stacked Heel

Heel blocks numbered before cutting. A proper orientation of these make for the best look.

Cutting the primary profile and volute with the World’s Scariest Router Bit.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!